spc
uniqs
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to rtcy

to rtcy

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

you would'nt know if there's a hidden page for UPNP in the REV I ? I thought it was on or so I assumed() but can't find it anywhere.

»192.168.1.1/index.cgi?ac ··· page=900

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

rtcy

Premium Member

said by kes601:

you would'nt know if there's a hidden page for UPNP in the REV I ? I thought it was on or so I assumed() but can't find it anywhere.

»192.168.1.1/index.cgi?ac ··· page=900

thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!! now to reboot it and see if I can get the Magic Jack Plus working in stand alone mode again
rtcy

rtcy

Premium Member

Looks like it was my resseting the router to factory default somehow?? turned off the UPNP cause it had been working anyways thanks to you KES601 and showing us that hidden page I turned it back on as it was indeed off, and that little rascal MagicJack PLUS is back working.

it grabbed a DHCP address and I looked up the MAC address at the FCC and sure enough it was issued to Magickjack.

now for the serious security part******************

yesterday as I reset the router back to factory settings, I entered everything EXCEPT the static WPA key, so it defaulted to that new standard ??? used by the rev I router where it has a key built in for WPA.

anyways I noticed under my network someone with a

BLACKBERRY-7144:
Connection Type:
Ethernet

IP Address: 192.168.1.2
IP Address Allocation: DHCP
MAC Address: 3c:74:37:47:a9:cc

connected to my wireless router I bet this is that new feature I read about where it auto negotiates?? and was already hacked ??

anyways I reset the router to WPA2 and put in my 33 long phrase with added numbers

just to sure I update my youngest son's DIR-655 to 1.35na firmware to disable the securespot and set it to WPA2 with new password

sure hope they only used my IP for a good use!!!!!
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Since it says it was connected via Ethernet, I'm going to have to guess it was the DIR-655 that was the weak link. Shouldn't show up as an ethernet connection if it was connecting via the Actiontec's wireless.

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

rtcy

Premium Member

said by kes601:

Since it says it was connected via Ethernet, I'm going to have to guess it was the DIR-655 that was the weak link. Shouldn't show up as an ethernet connection if it was connecting via the Actiontec's wireless.

I think so too, just wish I was 100%. eitherway I set them all up as wpa2 AES and changed the key to one of GRC's random key and saved that on my keychain usb stick

will keep monitoring.

the thing that confused me a bit was my older son was here visiting in early jan, but the new router was just replaced after he left. he uses a Blackberry. but I'm sure he had departed 1 week earlier.
CooloutAC
join:2013-02-12

CooloutAC to kes601

to kes601
U da man tks