reply to FiagaraNalls

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

Looks like there site is down now.

WiMax

join:2003-07-12
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
Everything has been down since about 1pm. AND...this was PLANNED MAINTENANCE! Alan knew THREE WEEKS AGO that this was they day, but of course, he didn't bother to tell his customers about it. I have iKtel phone and it's been down all afternoon, not like a few of my customers really care. NOT!

WiMax

Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to lens300
If you cannot reach iKtel by phone (905.346.3460) send email to:
alan.ik@iktel.ca [and] support@iktel.ca

And, good luck trying to find them. As soon as the switchover is complete, the Niagara Falls "hole in the ground office" will be vacated. The company and Alan moved to Burlington in December and left no forwarding address.

Awol

@cogentco.com
I sent him some emails, but they aren't executing or sending... My phone doesn't work. I can basically go browse the internet at a 1990's speed, good think this site is simple and doesn't have no ads or graphics or I prolly couldn't complain here! Wife is gonna give Start a call tommorow I think!

WiMax

Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
IT's back up just before 7p.
Downtime: 6hrs
Month to date uptime: 99.14%
Uptime industry standard: 99.99%
Differential: -0.76%
Reason: Scheduled Maintenance
Date scheduled: December, 2012.
Communication Factor (iKtel - Client base) 0
Reputation Factor: Off the scale.

Chromosome

join:2013-01-29
It's been back up for me since about 2pm but the speeds are extremely slow. I can't even attempt to run any web based speed tests - the pages simply will not load.

A simple 'Scheduled Maintenance' on their homepage and an email is all I really ask for. I always find I have to email them asking if there is an outage. Hoping with this move it improves their professionalism or sadly I'll be looking for another provider.

loyd

join:2012-09-24
Niagara Falls, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac
It started around 4pm, but it's unusably slow. SpeedTest does not even load, had to work on this single PC with Wind phone attached.

We have been without internet since 2am last night.

Perhaps this is acceptable in Nigeria, but not here. Who let this guy to Canada ?
Expand your moderator at work

Chromosome

join:2013-01-29
reply to loyd

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

From their website it sounds like services have been fully restored - outage states it was yesterday. My speeds however are still brutally slow. Anyone else experiencing this or has your speed returned to what it was before the outage?

Thx

sandy

@cogentco.com
said by Chromosome:

From their website it sounds like services have been fully restored

IP from Washington, DC and speed of about 1kB/sec, even from Google. I don't think it was restored.

sypius

join:2012-03-29
reply to Chromosome
My speeds are backup to normal, have you powercycled everything? After outages I always have to powercycle for it to work.

Celery

join:2004-01-19
St Catharines, ON

1 edit
Disregard.

loyd

join:2012-09-24
Niagara Falls, ON
reply to loyd
Finally got the internet fully working sometimes between 6-8pm last night, so full outage was over 40hrs.