Search similar:

uniqs

captnhook
join:2001-02-20
NY

captnhook

Chrome blocking Newsday

Click for full size
Just tried to access Newsday's website and got a warning message from Google Chrome that the website contains malware and was being blocked.
Anyone else experiencing the same?
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

no message when launching directly from safari or after bing search of newsday.com

via google malware page warning pops up

google must have flagged newsday.com
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to captnhook

to captnhook
It was an issue, CV is aware. Issue has been resolved but error hasn't cleared from the sites that flagged it yet.

captnhook
NY

captnhook

Thanks for the replies.
Just spoke with someone at their news desk (office was closed ) and informed them of the issue but they were clueless and said they'd pass info onto IT.

xero
@optonline.net

xero to captnhook

Anon

to captnhook
I'm seeing the same.

tiger_scout
join:2010-02-20

tiger_scout to captnhook

to captnhook
Its happening on Firefox too.

Reported Attack Page!
This web page at www.newsday.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon to captnhook

to captnhook

»safebrowsing.clients.goo ··· day.com/
Snapped 2013-01-29 20:20:16

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat
join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to captnhook

to captnhook
Wow! First time I've had that happen!

Pineapple
@optonline.net

Pineapple to captnhook

Anon

to captnhook
Same thing is happening with Firefox.

captnhook
NY

captnhook to MxxCon

to MxxCon
said by MxxCon:

»safebrowsing.clients.goo ··· day.com/
Snapped 2013-01-29 20:20:16

"Updated 377642 hours ago"

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

And now that url says all ok.

captnhook
NY

captnhook

Looks as if Google has flagged Newsday once again.. as of 3 am.
jpr281
join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY

jpr281 to Pineapple

to Pineapple
Click for full size
said by Pineapple :

Same thing is happening with Firefox.

Yup, I just noticed it now.

Hicks8989
@optonline.net

Hicks8989

Anon

Just tried to advance to the site using chrome, and java asked for permission to run ,and I got Barmen-polivakia5.ddns trying to start up. Have no idea what it is!

cbg9112
@optonline.net

cbg9112 to captnhook

Anon

to captnhook
firefox too!!!
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad to captnhook

Premium Member

to captnhook
Click for full size
I got the following in FireFox! Guess I'll stay away from Newsday until they fix the issue.

majorbar9
join:2000-06-02
East Northport, NY

majorbar9 to captnhook

to captnhook
Message disappeared yesterday, but it is back up today. To think cablevision touts this as a reason for raising the price of optimum online by $5 this month.
jpr281
join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY

jpr281

Looks like we found the reason why:

Newsday.com, News12.com operational after hacking

The Newsday.com and News12.com websites were hacked but now are again fully operational, officials said today.

Kelly McAndrew, a vice president for Cablevision Systems Corp., which owns both sites, confirmed the attack had occurred. She declined to say how long the sites were affected but said the problems had been resolved.

“An unauthorized third party illegally accessed the content management system” for the sites, “which led certain web browsers to post a temporary warning page,” McAndrew said.

The browsers were Google Chrome and Firefox, according to sources familiar with the matter.

McAndrew said none of Cablevision’s other websites were affected.

»mobile.newsday.com/inf/i ··· paging=1

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

So, if you logged into the News 12 or Newsday websites using your Optimum ID, has that been compromised?

I guess not...they claim in the article that customer information was not compromised.

captnhook
NY

captnhook

said by limegrass69:

So, if you logged into the News 12 or Newsday websites using your Optimum ID, has that been compromised?
I guess not...they claim in the article that customer information was not compromised.

If the site was so poorly secured who's to say what information and data was compromised and what was not.

They buried any coverage of this occuring in the back pages of their business section.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

The New York Times and Wall Street Journal were hacked, nothing is secure on the internet anymore.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to captnhook

to captnhook
said by captnhook:

said by limegrass69:

If the site was so poorly secured who's to say what information and data was compromised and what was not.

They buried any coverage of this occurring in the back pages of their business section.

This is not big news. And any site with user information is going to handle that in a separate manner than the site content.