share rss forum feed

Geno71

join:2012-12-12
Antioch, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Geno71

Re: [Rant] Comcast Treats Long-Time Customers Like Garbage

You know it's a bit of an OT comment in my own thread but I have noticed everyone from customer service people to regular customers in places like this, routinely skip over the majority of details in every post then offer an opinion.

I have two people here accusing me of incorrectly naming FiOS prices and I never named any! lol I have no idea what FiOS prices are and I don't care. I brought FiOS up because it is in cities with FiOS service (apparently never coming to Chicago because Verizon was paid off to sell off their IL service / license to some no-name company, which is now conveniently going out of business).

So unfortunately I think the fellow who said "I'll be getting double speed soon" is incorrect. Nobody in Illinois is getting FiOS, therefore they are not going to get Comcast's 2x boost for existing tiers. Another unfair practice: charging $72 for 25mbps in one market and $72 for 50Mbps in other markets.

The bottom line is, Comcast has a regional monopoly in every big city it operates in, and that is how they get away with annual price increases, with no annual improvement in service quality. I am willing to bet most of you saying "no big deal" are too young to remember when increased costs = increased benefits.

No it's not illegal what Comcast is doing but is is unethical the degree to which they do it. I ask again, how many times adding $3 to the bill for the same 25Mbps, before it becomes "sketchy" as they say? $75 is going to be OK for you guys. What about $78 or $81? Too much? Should I expect more at $84?

You guys are overlooking the fact that it does not cost Comcast one penny extra vs. last year or the year before to deliver my service. In fact because of capital costs being paid off in my area over time it probably costs them LESS than it used to maintain and deliver the facilities that make this service possible.

People need to expect more for their money over time and not stay silent. Simple as that. Otherwise you're going to be a generation of people who get screwed by everyone from insurance to internet.

Nothing I'm suggesting here is unreasonable.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

You do know you pay the same as us. We have fios available yet your comcast costs the SAME as us. Fios came about because you stated fios changes the rules. Im pointing out it doesnt but this is why dios pricing was brought into it. as you can see fios is more expensive and doesnt change comcasts prices unlike what many like to think.

I have (what I believe to be) the Preferred level of service that in recent times was $69.95 until they jacked up the rate again this month. Apparently I have hope of getting a 2x bandwidth increase one day, but only when FiOS reaches my area and I Comcast perceives a threat.

»Post here: Blast 50/10 or 50/15 or Extreme 105/20 upgrades

No FiOS as yet, but you can bet if it gets here first I won't be waiting around to ask Comcast for a "free upgrade" that I should've gotten over the last 4 years as part of my fee increases.

They have huge capacity to increase everyone's bandwidth but won't do it until they face the prospect of a mass exodus in a particular market due to superior product like FiOS or Google Fiber.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9
reply to Geno71

I'm not picking on you, but you assume we don't read your entire topic because portions of your topic isn't clear; hence why you edited your topic 4 times.

weescotsman

join:2011-10-02
Miami, FL
reply to Geno71

"So unfortunately I think the fellow who said "I'll be getting double speed soon" is incorrect"

you could have googled it to check

»www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407585,00.asp

The company said the new Internet options will be available "across many major markets," including Boston, Hartford, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Wilmington, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Richmond, and New Jersey.

No sure if anyone else can pitch in to confirm but i believe there was a post about it to confirm,

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to Geno71

said by Geno71:

You guys are overlooking the fact that it does not cost Comcast one penny extra vs. last year or the year before to deliver my service.

This assumption ignores reality.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4

said by JohnInSJ:

said by Geno71:

You guys are overlooking the fact that it does not cost Comcast one penny extra vs. last year or the year before to deliver my service.

This assumption ignores reality.

I wonder where he got that assumption...

cost of everything goes up, not down and is true for everything. simple economics

to the OP:

can you tell us what speed did you have back then 11 years when you started with Comcast?

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Geno71

said by Geno71:

You know it's a bit of an OT comment in my own thread but I have noticed everyone from customer service people to regular customers in places like this, routinely skip over the majority of details in every post then offer an opinion.

You guys are overlooking the fact that it does not cost Comcast one penny extra vs. last year or the year before to deliver my service. In fact because of capital costs being paid off in my area over time it probably costs them LESS than it used to maintain and deliver the facilities that make this service possible.

People need to expect more for their money over time and not stay silent. Simple as that. Otherwise you're going to be a generation of people who get screwed by everyone from insurance to internet.

Nothing I'm suggesting here is unreasonable.

In my area they have completed the DOCSIS 3.0 upgrades and now I am getting 4 channels down and 2 up on a new Modem they provided on HSI. I am also getting more TV Channels today than I got in 1999 when I first had Comcast.

I do know the above costs money as well as wage increases and other cost of doing business items. Plus there are the increased carriage fees.

I was one of the first in my neighborhood to get the only Broadband available in 1999 from @Home, next taken over by ATTBI and then a bit later Comcast. I was thrilled to get 1.5M vs Dialup at 26.4k!

And I really do not see where you have offered any worthwhile suggestions or a plan to lower costs to subscribers.

And I have been around long enough to recall when I could get gas for $.249 per gallon [or put another way, a Quarter per gallon]. $4.00 to fill up my car at the time. I get the same, if not better Customer Service today than I got 30 years ago. I know how to get it. I have lots more experience and do not need to be whiny with the CSR's on the phone.

Have not run into any bait and switch. Just a couple of months ago added to my service and it was painless. Got what I wanted and more.

I could go with DSL, and others, but do not consider CenturyLink to be viable for me at this time. And since I need Broadband, I have made a choice.

Good luck with your next provider.