urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

news.cogeco.ca official retention?

I tested the retention a few years back but I believe the reliability and retention has improved considerably and I'm shopping around for a new long-term retention provider, so I wanted to figure Cogeco's services into my line of thinking...

So, does anyone know what the official retention is?

bitchtorn

join:2006-10-11
Peterborough, ON

Pretty sure they outsource to highwinds.

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON
reply to urbanriot

Cogeco's newsgroups access is provided by Highwinds, so their retention is Cogeco's retention. Unfortunately, their retention page, »support.highwinds-media.com/retention.php, 404s. Last I checked it was around 1300+ days for binaries and 7 weeks or something for text.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3

Oh, awesome, thanks then!

usednet

@cogeco.net
reply to urbanriot

I have pulled from 30 days back, but nothing more.

boredguy

join:2002-01-27
St Catharines, ON

Yep, anything past 30 days you won't be able to grab. Depending on what you're using it for it does have an advantage over most paid providers now, what gets posted tends to stay there. *coughnotakedownscough*
--
What would Jesus do for a Klondike bar?

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
reply to urbanriot

Picked a binary group at random, pulled all headers, and pulled something from 59 days back (complete). It was in Italian, which doesn't help me, but I wanted to pick a group I hadn't pulled headers for in the pastt.

boredguy

join:2002-01-27
St Catharines, ON
reply to urbanriot

Musta changed recently, most of what i grab is through nzb's so wouldn't have noticed.
--
What would Jesus do for a Klondike bar?