Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

balur

join:2010-04-28
kudos:1
reply to fan13027

Re: [ALL] (RANT) A Comedy Of Errors But I'm Not Laughing

There are strict rules about what a Front Line Agent can and cannot do. Once they tell you they can't do something

"Can I please speak with a supervisor"

Try to trim down your explanation though, just say that the agent must have misunderstood you, and that you didn't request services being cancelled so you would like the charges removed.

Also this is a very important thing of dealing with Customer Support, be as concise as possible, and make them repeat what they are going to do. When things get too long and convoluted (as above) mistakes WILL happen, it may make sense to you, but your just one in 30 people they will be talking to today.

Didn't get to the bottom when you said it was resolved, congrats on getting it resolved. My advice still stands though

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw

And allways be nice

You can be firm in what you expect, but don't be rude... Basically, would you like to be talking to you at that point in time.

Those I think are two rules in dealing with any customer service.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

fan13027

join:2008-10-26
Winnipeg, MB
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to balur

said by balur:

... make them repeat what they are going to do ...

That's funny! Because I thought I did ... see my original post above from which I quote ...

said by fan13027:

Before I leave I ask them to confirm that internet service will remain available at the old condo until January 19th -- ten days from now. They say "Yes - of course!"

Half an hour after I leave SHAW's offices my sister calls me and says internet at the condo has stopped working.

fan13027

Winnipeg, MB
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to balur

said by balur:

When things get too long and convoluted (as above) mistakes WILL happen

Well, that's true ... but don't forget it seems complicated and convoluted to you because in my original post I'm summarizing a chronological sequence of events that spread out over 4-5 phone calls and two personal visits.

Don't forget though that was the thought behind my original post ... it seems that if it's the LEAST bit out of the ordinary they will screw it up.

The original phone call was basically ...

"I want internet service for my dad at address xyz. He already has TV and internet service at address abc but I DONT want you to move, cancel, or otherwise change the service at address abc, I just want a new service at the new address."

Is that really so difficult to handle? Am I expecting too much from the average CSR with that request?

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB

Personally, I wouldn't have mentioned his existing account at all in that first call... It had no bearing in what you were trying to do.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

fan13027

Winnipeg, MB

In hindsight, I suspect you are correct.

C'est la vie

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB

For our theme of trying to keep things simple... haha