uniqs
share rss forum feed

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
reply to jaykaykay

Re: Be careful what you buy and where you buy it -

lol human stupidity at its finest hour. 3 red flags. Email, text and most of all. Craigslist.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

1 recommendation

I remember when I bought a smartphone off of someone on Craigslist. I had $400 in cash to buy the phone. I met the guy in a very public place, a Verizon Wireless store. I made sure that I activated the phone first, made sure that the phone worked as intended and all buttons worked as well. Oh, and I had a good friend with me who just so happened to be licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

I hate to say this, but trust no one. Always make sure that you have the merchandise in-hand (and in the case of expensive football game tickets, make sure that they are authentic), meet in a public place, and make sure to hand no cash over until the transaction is complete.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to KoRnGtL15

said by KoRnGtL15:

lol human stupidity at its finest hour. 3 red flags. Email, text and most of all. Craigslist.

the email and texting was internal to the family. My red flag was that they had to wire the money.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

ctggzg
Premium
join:2005-02-11
USA
kudos:2
reply to KoRnGtL15

said by KoRnGtL15:

No, yellow flags at worst. The only red flag was asking for a wire payment without solid, verifiable identification.