All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
jamesonnorth
join:2012-12-22
Modoc, IN

jamesonnorth

Re: How does bonded REALLY work?

Sorry for so many posts, everyone! Just one more for now haha.

Here are the modem stats for my PRIMARY LINE to compare with the second connect I just posted.

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision 4.4.9.13.1.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data Path FAST

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 8024 923
Margin (dB) 24.3 22.9
Line Attenuation (dB) 16.4 9.8
Transmit Power (dBm) 11.2 12.5
FEC Errors 0 0
HEC Errors 0 7
CRC Errors 0 0

I thought it was weird they put the Second Connect line on Interleaved when my first one is on Fast Path. My SNR margins look more normal to me on the primary line and funky on the Second Connect.

Could the funky margins be due to the weird transmit power settings on the second connect line? I feel a call to customer service might be in order so I can get both of these connections more even. Thoughts?
Action2
join:2010-06-29
Champaign, IL

Action2

It may be hard to get customer service to do much about that unless you get the right representative. If you get the wrong representative, your primary line will be set to 7838/861 by the time they close the ticket.

The best you could probably do is ask for a line test, otherwise if you are getting 80% of your speed they will say all is normal.

If you get disconnects or have to reboot the modem you may have a better case. I would also request a change to fastpath. Hope that they can get your line improved!
jenni4um
join:2012-12-10
Henrietta, NY

jenni4um to jamesonnorth

to jamesonnorth
I agree with Ben J. I have heard there are some areas that are congested. I would suggest to contact technical support and see if they can determine that the office that you connect to is congested.

This phone number has been helpful to me in the past 1-800-239-4430.

Frontier Fan.
jamesonnorth
join:2012-12-22
Modoc, IN

2 recommendations

jamesonnorth

Congestion is not the issue--not having enough ports and Frontier not willing to give up profit per port is the issue. Frontier sometimes has their priorities mixed up, with customer satisfaction being a bit low on that list.

I've been looking at posts you've been making and you always seem almost blindly supportive of Frontier and a little too suggestive of their Customer Support line. Do you work for Frontier?

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

jamesonnorth - it does give one that impression.