share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to dellsweig

Re: $100 a year to USE MS Office - lol

I only want Word. Plus, I hate the ribbon (hate the ribbon in Windows 8 Explorer also....so fat, so cumbersome to use with way, way too many icons that are extremely dumb looking too instead of WORDS. I am not functionally illiterate like 75% of Americans are (hence the move from WORDS to icons).

Anyhow, I now use Open Office as I can't install my 3 copies of Works Suite with Word 2002 on Windows 8. If Microsoft still had Works Suite, I would have purchased the latest version even if that meant the ribbon in Word. I liked the other software in Works Suite. I don't need Office and I hate anything in the cloud.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

Click for full size
Click for full size
said by Mele20:

I only want Word. Plus, I hate the ribbon (hate the ribbon in Windows 8 Explorer also....so fat, so cumbersome to use with way, way too many icons that are extremely dumb looking too instead of WORDS. I am not functionally illiterate like 75% of Americans are (hence the move from WORDS to icons).

I like and use "Classic Menu" with Office 2010 64-bit. Best thing about this is it integrates itself into the entire Office suite.
Speaking of which... I should go check for an updated version.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP