1 edit

Octavean to norwegian

MVM

to norwegian

Re: $100 a year to USE MS Office - lol

said by norwegian:

said by Octavean:

said by BillRoland:

I don't much like the idea of subscription based software.

I've got a TechNet subscription so I still have access to a number of different versions of MS Office,....

Isn't Technet only a yearly subscription too now, where it wasn't before? It seems Microsoft are aligning with other software makers to earn extra dollars, it is only a matter of time before the O/S is the same.

The software one would get from TechNet is not subscription based,....currently. So, the keys available to me now for the software I choose to download and use will still be available to me even if I do not renew my subscription.

There are restrictions naturally though.

As for Windows there will be a subscription version coming soon or so I hear. I posted a thread on it not too long ago.

***edit***

»Microsoft Rumored to Release Subscription-based Windows Blue

Edit to add link

***edit***

Actually the article more or less seems to be addressing a yearly OS update cycle for Windows starting some time in mid 2013.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

Actually the article more or less seems to be addressing a yearly OS update cycle for Windows starting some time in mid 2013.

Well if that is the case, is is closer than I imagined. I'll be interested to see how that pans out.