share rss forum feed

Kramer
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
kudos:2
reply to norwegian

Re: $100 a year to USE MS Office - lol

I'm very much interested in the improvements MS has made with IMAP in Outlook. Apparently they really worked on it to make the experience better.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback

Don't get me wrong, I want Outlook, but the costs involved were not allowing the benefits. I wonder if they will ever look at it as an option for the home user.

As for email retrieval, 2007 is giving me and has for some time problems at home with the user credentials, anything improved would be worth looking at.

For work, there seems to be a real issue with user authentication for 2007 and I've had serious SSL folder corruption with reports with it being over some sort of limit - clearing it fixed it. 2010 seems even more of a pain. I deleted the SSL folder contents info regarding images, PDFs, etc and 2010 spat the dummy, what a mess due to the way it works the "live user" - I can't remember the term for it right now, but cleaning the 2007 version against the 2010 version was easy, I'll never delete the contents of the stored Outlook SSL contents folder for 2010 ever again without more research.....what a headache it was.

Maybe that was just my trouble and others do not see it. An improvement would be appreciated.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

AnonFTW

@reliablehosting.com
reply to Kramer

said by Kramer:

I'm very much interested in the improvements MS has made with IMAP in Outlook. Apparently they really worked on it to make the experience better.

If they have, I can't tell and I've been running Outlook 2013 for months. IMAP is still slow, buggy, doesn't push, and when new email arrives you get a toast notification ... but nothing in Outlook is bolded.

On the plus side, if you have an Outlook Anywhere connection (Exchange RPC, etc.) your username/password are now remembered properly.

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

said by AnonFTW :

said by Kramer:

If they have, I can't tell and I've been running Outlook 2013 for months. IMAP is still slow, buggy, doesn't push, and when new email arrives you get a toast notification ... but nothing in Outlook is bolded.

On the plus side, if you have an Outlook Anywhere connection (Exchange RPC, etc.) your username/password are now remembered properly.

Outlook has always been a POS since it came on the scene. Slow, buggy, cumbersome, and just a horrible experience.