share rss forum feed

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

Blue Tooth improvements in 6.1

I just got a phone call from my wife - from her car....

It seems the 6.1 upgrade on her IP4s enabled some nice enhancements on her BlueTooth integration in her car (Subaru).

The display in the car now show song information and can access the itunes library directly.

In addition, there is a night and day improvement in the audio during a phone call. Apparently Noise cancelling now works 100% better then pre 6.1 and the sound through the car speakers sounds cleaner as well
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

My iPhone 4 was able to display song info on my car stereo, and access the iTunes library.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

said by The Dv8or:

My iPhone 4 was able to display song info on my car stereo, and access the iTunes library.

Her setup never did that until the 6.1 upgrade.
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

Daemon
Premium
join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·webpass.net
reply to dellsweig

I have a Subaru too and all of those things would be nice. Mine did display song information, but you had to press a poorly labeled button on the stereo to activate it. It couldn't access the iTunes library directly, though--it would only play what you set the phone to play.

I really hope audio is better, but I'm not sure how an OS update would make it less noisy unless the BT stack in 6.0 was buggy--as Subarus use the built-in car mic and, in mine anyway, the noise comes in because the mic is not insulated well enough from road noise. An OS update is not going to fix that, unless they did something clever like use both the BT mic as well as a mic on the phone itself to do canceling.
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.

H_T_R_N
Premium
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to dellsweig

said by dellsweig:

I just got a phone call from my wife - from her car....

It seems the 6.1 upgrade on her IP4s enabled some nice enhancements on her BlueTooth integration in her car (Subaru).

OHHH would this be nice!! The only thing about the 2 Subs we have had is the crappy hands-free! In both the '12 Impreza and '13 Forester the sound is SOOOOO bad. Time to update.

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC
reply to dellsweig

I have a '10 OB LTD with the Nav. Haven't noticed any upgrades yet but someone else told me you need to remove and re-pair the phone to the car and then the nav system will display the text of any SMS's received. Wondering if anyone here can verify.