uniqs

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

I used to get on people here for stating "Just quit"

but with these hikes, they may be right.

I have always felt that I really did need TV both for me and my wife's entertainment and other family reasons....but with the internet and growth of non-cable programming....maybe we don't need TV cable packages anymore.

There are limits as to what we will spend and we have almost reached that point.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

1 recommendation

ke4pym

Premium Member

Re: I used to get on people here for stating "Just quit&quo

My favorite reply has always been "pffbt, it's just $x.xx a month, a cup of coffee (or whatever)".

At what point do you say a cup of coffee here, a doughnut there, a car payment over there is enough?
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

These must be the official talking points of the industry. As I too hear this nonsense all the time.

All those cups of store bought coffee and snacks start to add up after a month or two and stretch that out to years and you have a HUGE chuck of change that most consumers simply can't afford to waste anymore.

NOTE TO CLUELESS EXECUTIVE MANGLEMENT....

THE ECONOMY STILL SUCKS FOR MOST CONSUMERS TODAY!
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to ke4pym

to ke4pym
The same with Buckeye Cable in Toledo, OH. Started dropping channels and rates went up. Nothing changed but a smaller line up. They ended up in a heated court battled with RayCom Media over a contract issue with a Fox Station and a CBS station that RayCom owns in TOL after a month long battle, and both losing money, Buckeye agreed to bring the channel back and more $$$ out of the customers pocket. In the end lost 3 other local regional Fox Stations - Detroit and Cleveland and 5 other channels, only to put more $$ into their half baked "local sports network" that looks like its filmed in the President's basement.

noncabletv
@clearwire-wmx.net

noncabletv to Bill Neilson

Anon

to Bill Neilson
I used to have them back in the day when the box was 5 and dvr was 10. Went to only internet and that was 30$. I got fed up with them when they raised the prices over the projected 12month intro price. 52.99 for 10/1mbs? Really TWC? Now I have clear for internet and is decent, and OTA TV. CozyTV, thisTV, antena, METV, PBS, and few others are awesome. Better quality TV then TLC's Honey BUBU

PissOffCust to Bill Neilson

Anon

to Bill Neilson
Just getting frustrated at Time Warner's continued price increases for everything. So I called and cancelled the showtime channel that I never watched anyways that was costing me $15 a month so the rep says ok your bill is not $129 so from $140 that is only $11 off, So I asked him why is it only $11 he informs me that they just had another increase that's why!! So yeah it's like a car payment here and not a coffee anymore... Looking into switching to satellite service.