All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0

Re: Is this fake or real, if the later why did no one act???

said by dirtyjeffer0:

if i was there, i would have helped her, buy calling 911.

The world would be a sadder place if there were more people like you that wait around for help from 911 when their intervention could have helped.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

The world would be a sadder place if there were more people like you that wait around for help from 911 when their intervention could have helped.

i (or you) wouldn't have been any help...fast moving water is very powerful, and without the proper equipment and training, you would simply end up being victim #2.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

1 edit

peterboro (banned)

said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by peterboro:

i (or you) wouldn't have been any help...fast moving water is very powerful, and without the proper equipment and training, you would simply end up being victim #2.

In this specific case immediate assistance would have been questionable. Further down with diminished flow perhaps possible. But given you would have stood there, and in all likelihood not explored that possibility as you eased your conscience by calling 911, we can't know.

The point is that there is a prevalence in western society, [deleted] to disengage form assisting people except from a cocoon of safety. As I pointed out I was in a 4 car collision recently in which I was hit and within seconds I was on the phone to 911 and climbing in the vehicles to ascertain injuries despite the fact there were live lanes, leaking fluids and jagged metal.
Expand your moderator at work

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro

perhaps if i were in your situation, i would have done the same...but i wouldn't go jumping in swift moving water, i would let people trained with the proper tools attempt a rescue, otherwise, there could be two people to rescue.

you obviously don't understand how powerful water can be when moving quickly, even if it is only 1 foot deep.
Expand your moderator at work
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0

said by dirtyjeffer0:

...but i wouldn't go jumping in swift moving water, i would let people trained with the proper tools attempt a rescue, otherwise, there could be two people to rescue.
you obviously don't understand how powerful water can be when moving quickly, even if it is only 1 foot deep.

I wouldn't have sat back with my thumb up my ass relying on 911 to save the day but travelled downstream to ascertain the feasibility of attempting to help her. This situation could have ended differently and but for the grace of god you could be her next time. Who do you want on scene, me or you?