share rss forum feed

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to Pesterd

Re: BB10 launches Jan 30

It depends in part on the size of the company. Some large tech companies in my experience would hold huge product conventions where the CEO might give a brief keynote speech or might not be there at all. Nobody really cared. Steve Jobs changed all that because he was the icon of the company and its driving force and really had cult status among the Apple crowd. I don't necessarily think Tim Cook should be doing them either but it's hard for him to relinquish a sort of iconic tradition. Mostly it's common sense, though -- let the best people do what they're best at.
--
"The promoters of the global economy see nothing odd or difficult about unlimited economic growth or unlimited consumption in a limited world."
-- Wendell Berry

kim
That Chick
Premium,Mod
join:2001-03-25
ON
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by Wolfie00:

Mostly it's common sense, though -- let the best people do what they're best at.

Common sense... I agree.

I doubt anyone finds Heins a good public speaker. So there I sat waiting for the BB launch, and for the record I've never been interested in or watched a launch before, and I was only 1/2 listening and frankly a bit bored. So imo they blew that part of it big time. Here's the thing..... still following and not leading is what I saw. Pretending to keep up with Steve Jobs even after he's dead.

Do they have a great product? I believe so. I'm 90% sure I'm going to buy one actually and I've never bought v.1 of anything.

Their presentation makes me think that their corporate mandate is not 'think outside the box and lead' or that presentation would have been different.
--
Fluent in 3 languages: English, Sarcasm and Sexual Innuendo.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

1 recommendation

BlackBerry doesn't need a Steve Jobs type presenter. Apple doesn't have one either now that Jobs is dead. But they do need a company spokesperson. Someone that you can put a face to the name.

Heins reminds me of this friend I have, she's German too, no sense of humour, very logical and analytical. I recall saying something funny and I had a response that a computer would give.

That british/indian guy they had afterward might be a good spokesperson.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
I posted this at Crackberry but Heins' facial expressions reminds me of the Trololol guy

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz_m6N1IYuc

--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by BigSensFan:

I posted this at Crackberry but Heins' facial expressions reminds me of the Trololol guy

(youtube clip)

LOL!

Family Guy!!!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCETu8G3y68

--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein