spc
uniqs
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to rocks911

to rocks911

Re: The RG6 Compression fitting blues

If there was not tv or a router in the rooms when FiOS was installed then the installer would have had no reason to install a bigger splitter and as was stated, the more splits, the bigger the signal loss.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

said by kes601:

If there was not tv or a router in the rooms when FiOS was installed then the installer would have had no reason to install a bigger splitter and as was stated, the more splits, the bigger the signal loss.

I know it varies by ONT but when I got mine installed (2006) the signal out of the ONT was so strong they put attenuators on the line. The same result could be managed by using a 'too big' splitter.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

said by blue_trooper:

said by kes601:

I know it varies by ONT but when I got mine installed (2006) the signal out of the ONT was so strong they put attenuators on the line. The same result could be managed by using a 'too big' splitter.

Attenuators were used when VZ was supplying an analog signal. That has not been the case for several years now.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Ahh, didn't know it was due to the analog signal. Good to know.