uniqs
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson to nascar

to nascar

Re: Western Digital 1TB DVR Expander

said by nascar:

It can support 2TB. I'd try that Seagate since it is intended for a DVR.

Otherwise, I'd only go with a DVR rated drive. I have 2 of the WD 1TB DVR (FiOS approved) extenders.

Do you know what Verizon is so slow in qualifying more units? I took at look at Directv, Dish and Tivo website and they all have alot more units qualified to work with their DVR's.

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar

I do not know why they are slow. I do know that I tried a bunch of 2TB drives. Only a DVR rated drive gave me the performance needed to sustain the HD streams.

I'd go with any DVR rated drive up to 2TB. AFAIK, only Seagate and WD make them so you can go with their pre packaged product or build your own.
said by navyson:

said by nascar:

Otherwise, I'd only go with a DVR rated drive. I have 2 of the WD 1TB DVR (FiOS approved) extenders.

Do you know what Verizon is so slow in qualifying more units? I took at look at Directv, Dish and Tivo website and they all have alot more units qualified to work with their DVR's.

navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson

I have never seen a 2TB WD external DVR drive.
said by nascar:

I do not know why they are slow. I do know that I tried a bunch of 2TB drives. Only a DVR rated drive gave me the performance needed to sustain the HD streams.

I'd go with any DVR rated drive up to 2TB. AFAIK, only Seagate and WD make them so you can go with their pre packaged product or build your own.

said by navyson:

said by nascar: