Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to sivran

Re: Typical Customer Data Usage

said by sivran:

Do you just not realize how pointless your argument is?

Here is an analogy.

I used to own a Sebring, I drove 20 miles to work every day. It took me 20 minutes.
I now own a Chevrolet Camaro. its still 20 miles to work, but the car is faster so it takes me 15 minutes.
I dont drive 25 miles for fun I save 5 minutes each trip.

Hop
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

MURICA

join:2013-01-03
said by hobgoblin:

said by sivran:

Do you just not realize how pointless your argument is?

Here is an analogy.

I used to own a Sebring, I drove 20 miles to work every day. It took me 20 minutes.
I now own a Chevrolet Camaro. its still 20 miles to work, but the car is faster so it takes me 15 minutes.
I dont drive 25 miles for fun I save 5 minutes each trip.

Hop

That is a terrible analogy. Do you live in Germany and commute on the Autobahn or something?

Even the shittiest of cars can easily exceed American highway speed limits by 10+ mph.

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1

1 recommendation

I got a better twist on it.

I take a toll road to get to work and back. It's getting me to the same place, just faster and more expensive. I pay the extra to save 20-40 minutes a day. I consider this worth it. Someone else might not. Fine by me, but if they tell me I'm wasting my money, I'll tell them they're wasting their time.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

1 recommendation

"I take a toll road to get to work and back. It's getting me to the same place, just faster and more expensive. I pay the extra to save 20-40 minutes a day. I consider this worth it. Someone else might not. Fine by me, but if they tell me I'm wasting my money, I'll tell them they're wasting their time."

Thats a nice analogy!

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson