Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ff1324
Everybody Goes Home
Premium
join:2002-08-24
On Four Day

[HSI] Charter Duo "lifetime" price....or 9 months...

We signed up for Charter Duo back in April and was told by the sales agent that Duo was the package price as long as we kept it. It would be a grandfathered plan as long as we didn't change anything.

I guess that "grandfathered" term doesn't apply to price which just went up 20% from $50 to $60 per month.

Thanks for the lie, Charter. A whole 10 months in and you jacked it up. I would have been better off with a plan that re-rates after 12 months or 24 months.

At least raise the speed to 20M or 30M for the $10 increase.

jackasses...

(See: »Duo)
--
My rants get raves.

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN

Re: [HSI] Charter Duo "lifetime" price....or 9 months.

ouch 60 dollars heck just get charter bussnuss 64 dollars unbundled you get no caps and 30 meg

of course you pay big install fee i think 100 dollar

msmisfit

join:2004-09-13
Lawrenceville, GA
kudos:2

1 edit

That's no bargain if they want the TWO services they signed up for.

I'm wondering if this "Duo" plan covers HSI and telephone. Maybe the OP misunderstood and the telephone only is grandfathered. Charter does have a telephone deal like that for valued customers.

PS - I just read that thread from the "Duo" link above which I previously overlooked. I've never heard of that service the OP was offered, so I have no idea if this telephone rate was grandfathered or not. Sorry I didn't read it before replying.

ff1324
Everybody Goes Home
Premium
On Four Day
reply to ff1324

Yep...15M HSI and telephone (unlimited local and LD).

It was sold as $50 as long as you don't change the plan and don't add TV service. According to the CSR yesterday, I'm still paying $25 for the phone, but now the HSI is $35 instead of $25.
--
My rants get raves.

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to ff1324

Contact Charter or visit your local office for confirmation. Billing has been known to make mistakes. Especially after all of the plan changes lately.

As they changed the price, you may be able to get the speed increased. Especially as that speed package no longer "exists". They should correct your bill, or adjust your speed accordingly to match the new price.
--
Google is your Friend

sittin_tech

join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN
kudos:1
reply to ff1324

Can you change your phone to the new phone pricing? That would drop it to $19.99 taxes included. Then the price change would probably be a wash.

archhill

@charter.com

I was told the same thing, $50 "lifetime" (and then it came to $61.00 because of "taxes"). Actually, I thought it was written in a mailer. What to do now? I called Customer Service and they said, "yep, going up across the board."

Anyone have that piece of mail? I'm still looking for it, thought I may have saved it.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
reply to ff1324

I have the CHARTER DUO Phone and Internet bundle.... Shortly after they changed the pricing, it was for $49.98 and that was for 12 months. After that, it goes up to 59.98.

Amazing how everyone gets different deals.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to ff1324

Are you paying SALES TAX on the phone portion?

the "NEW" price structure had taxes included on phone and internet.

said by ff1324:

Yep...15M HSI and telephone (unlimited local and LD).

It was sold as $50 as long as you don't change the plan and don't add TV service. According to the CSR yesterday, I'm still paying $25 for the phone, but now the HSI is $35 instead of $25.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to archhill

Amazing how that "lifetime" price doesn't have much of a "life" huh?

Always amazed how people fall for that line of crap from any company!! They will still raise the price when ever they feel like it and seeing as how we're talking Charter here, you should KNOW that life expectancy isn't very long.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to ff1324

This is getting to become a joke. I keep hearing about things like this at charter.
I do not under stand how Charter can charge one person Tax on the Phone but not the other person. How they get away with charging some many different prices for the same services.

I think we will see this practice end up in court some day.

msmisfit

Lawrenceville, GA

Some states have sales taxes, some don't... right? I haven't read anything on it recently, but there used to be states who did not have sales taxes. Not mine though.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter

said by msmisfit:

Some states have sales taxes, some don't... right? I haven't read anything on it recently, but there used to be states who did not have sales taxes. Not mine though.

I am taking about people that live next to each other.
Like i am still being billed Taxes on my bill for the phone but others on my street are not. My Phone bill is $39 - $10 (24mo Guarantee Phone discount), and $12 in Phone taxes. For a total of $42 a month after the $10 discount.

I have to switch to the new pricing to not pay them, But then the Internet goes up about $25 and TV goes up about $30. Faster speeds and more channel but don't need either.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
reply to ff1324

Only the "NEW" pricing on internet and phone are the ones that the sales tax was "included" in the package. Was almost $9 prior on the phone portion alone.

msmisfit

Lawrenceville, GA
reply to mmainprize

Sorry, I thought you were comparing the *same* price plans with and without taxes. I knew they had included taxes in the new base prices... where others on old price plans still pay separate taxes. I pay those too.

My guess is, they are still charging everyone where applicable, just not itemizing it. Same deal on the modems, now included in the base price.

BaliThai

join:2013-02-06
Redding, CA
reply to ff1324

I have the same issue as the OP. Except that in my case I happened to print and save the original offer that stated about the $50/month rate: This price is good as long as you are a Charter Customer..."

After receiving the letter saying my rate was increasing $10 a month, I called customer service and both the rep and her supervisor basically said, "too bad." All packages are getting a rate increase and there wasn't anything I could do - but I could call their general corporate number and complain.

Actually, I urge anyone with this issue to file a complaint with the FCC - »www.fcc.gov/complaints

ff1324
Everybody Goes Home
Premium
On Four Day

Care to scan and post that offer if you still have it?
--
My rants get raves.

Expand your moderator at work

slivers13

@charter.com
reply to ff1324

Re: [HSI] Charter Duo "lifetime" price....or 9 months.

I too was told that my phone and internet service would never change price so long as I didn't change my service options. Today's bill states my internet is going up $10.00 p/m. This is in direct conflict with what I was told my Charter's telephone sales.

DCB

@charter.com

Re: [HSI] Charter Duo LIFETIME GUARANTEE ??

Charter DUO Lifetime Guarantee

I signed up for the CHARTER DUO LIFETIME GUARANTEE in December 2011 and I was told over and over by several Charter employees that...  There is no expiration...and with this very special plan the price never goes up!  I documented 2 or 3 of the calls with a timely record that would possibly stand up in court.  (see partial documentation below)

0n 12/05/11...  I called (1-888-438-2427) and spoke with Lamorra in Town and Country (at Charters main office) and Lamorra said that... With the Charter Duo Plan there is no expiration on this plan and the price never goes up! 

So I asked  Lamorra...  How am I supposed to prove that 2 years from now when they try to raise the price?

And Lamorra said... Really the price never goes up...its the first time we ever offered something like this!  You will just have to trust us.  Your price will never go up!  Its called THE DUO!

0n 12/22/11...  To further confirm...I called again (1-888-438-2427) and spoke with Jennifer in South Carolina and Jennifer said that... With the new Charter Duo Plan there is no expiration on this plan and the price never goes up!

Does anyone know of a good CLASS ACTION ATTORNEY?  If so please have them contact me when they contact the thousands of other Charter Customers that were intentionally misled.

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Reviews:
·Charter

said by DCB :

Charter DUO Lifetime Guarantee

I signed up for the CHARTER DUO LIFETIME GUARANTEE in December 2011 and I was told over and over by several Charter employees that...  There is no expiration...and with this very special plan the price never goes up!  I documented 2 or 3 of the calls with a timely record that would possibly stand up in court.  (see partial documentation below)

0n 12/05/11...  I called (1-888-438-2427) and spoke with Lamorra in Town and Country (at Charters main office) and Lamorra said that... With the Charter Duo Plan there is no expiration on this plan and the price never goes up! 

So I asked  Lamorra...  How am I supposed to prove that 2 years from now when they try to raise the price?

And Lamorra said... Really the price never goes up...its the first time we ever offered something like this!  You will just have to trust us.  Your price will never go up!  Its called THE DUO!

0n 12/22/11...  To further confirm...I called again (1-888-438-2427) and spoke with Jennifer in South Carolina and Jennifer said that... With the new Charter Duo Plan there is no expiration on this plan and the price never goes up!

Does anyone know of a good CLASS ACTION ATTORNEY?  If so please have them contact me when they contact the thousands of other Charter Customers that were intentionally misled.

»www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04/28···ecision/

class action whats that oh right that was wiped out thanks to supreme court