Routing issue on static ip block
In hopes that someone will read this who can fix it, I'll try to give as much detail as possible.
Since we've had U-verse I've never been able to reach www.hgvclub.com. Starting just a few days ago I can no longer reach www.unionbank.com either. Since my bank is important, I started investigating the issue and found that it only affects my static IP block.
I have a 3801HGV with DHCP giving out private 192.168.0.x addresses. I also have a public static IP block assigned as a supplemental network. I have an ASUS N66U router on one of those public static IPs and configured for DMZ+ mode. The router provides 192.168.1.x addresses to devices behind it.
After some testing I determined that any device connected to the RG using one of my public IPs can't reach those sites. Using a private IP and NATing through the RG works fine.
I have contacted support two days ago and opened a case with tier 2, who said they would pass it up to the people who can fix it. From what I'm reading here I thought it might be quicker to just ask for help here.
Traceroute from a public IP...
1) 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 20.259 ms, 8/8 ps, 0.0% loss
2) 172-8-253-62.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net (126.96.36.199) 20.249 ms, 7/7 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
3) * * *
and from a private IP with NAT...
1) homeportal (192.168.0.254) 15.170 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss
2) 108-206-88-3.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net (188.8.131.52) 43.682 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
3) * * *
4) * * *
5) * * *
6) 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 58.744 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
7) gar4.lsrca.ip.att.net (18.104.22.168) 57.650 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
8) cr84.la2ca.ip.att.net (22.214.171.124) 224.504 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
9) cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net (126.96.36.199) 174.071 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
10) cr1.slkut.ip.att.net (188.8.131.52) 204.757 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
11) cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net (184.108.40.206) 175.015 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
12) cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net (220.127.116.11) 197.270 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
13) cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net (18.104.22.168) 155.297 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
14) cr1.n54ny.ip.att.net (22.214.171.124) 147.547 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
15) 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 94.458 ms, 2/2 ps, 0.0% loss [AS 7018] United States
16) * * *
If there is any more info I can provide let me know.
Thanks in advance.
|reply to bgreganti |
Dennis, Thanks for the tip. I didn't exactly understand what the direct forum was when I posted.
wayjac, thanks for the suggestion as well. I'm pretty sure it's not the DMZ+ mode because I turned it off and connected a computer directly to the RG with a static IP and I got the same results.
DavidI start new work on Premium,VIPReviews:
Granite City, IL
|reply to bgreganti |
this type of thing happened before when SBC at the time got a 75.x.x.x address and some web admins needed to update their lists and such. Thing is the site is blocking the IP address possibly due to a BOGON list or an old deny list needing updated. removed expects this problem to be a bit more prevalent as of late as the IPv4 shortage is catching up and lots of new IP blocks being turned up.
Give this a shot.... as some sites might be blocking the IP's. This tip is courtesy of removed .
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!