spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SunnyD

join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

Eh. When you have the money to blow on an Apple product...

You probably have the money to blow on an overpriced wireless plan too.

Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON

1 recommendation

It's interesting to see how close Android users are too. I'm guessing it's the 'latest and greatest' gouging by the wireless operators. iPhone pricing falls in line with other phones too.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

2 recommendations

reply to SunnyD

Apple iphones run around $200 with a 2 year contract, just like all the other phones. Dont give me that crap in the morning.
--
»mc-buildville.enjin.com/

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27

1 recommendation

said by Duramax08:

Apple iphones run around $200 with a 2 year contract, just like all the other phones. Dont give me that crap in the morning.

Shhh. Don't feed him. Besides, Sunny-D is the WORST drink, ever!

--
Splat

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK
reply to SunnyD

Paying $56/mo. for my att grandpa unlimited iPhone 5. Been paying this since first purchasing the 3GS over 3 years ago.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

I pay less than that. I also have a CM'd Captivate.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Duramax08

Your not considering the cost of the plan, nothing is really subsidized, the carriers that offer the iPhone charge more for monthly service, to mostly post-paid users. To make up for the so called subsidy they give.

And your also not considering that it costs more for the carriers to buy an iPhone than the average Android phone. Which is why they are carried mostly on the bigger carriers.
prepaid offers iPhones on some plans like Virgin mobile, but the up front cost for the device, means that most users on prepaid choose Android.

Android is very popular with prepaid plans, and post-paid plans, but the fact is that all those prepaid plans drag down the average cost per user.

If you compared only post-paid Android users to post-paid iPhone users, the costs would be much closer.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Duramax08

My wife pays over $80/month for her ATT iPhone. My son and I both have androids and pay a total of ~$65 a month on TMobile. We don't have unlimited plans.

Also, she bought her phone subsidised from ATT. I bought both my phone and my son's phone outright. So perhaps you want to take the $375 for those two phones and divide it out over a few years for a more fair comparison...

NYC Girl
Premium
join:2007-02-04
Bronx, NY
reply to SunnyD

Why do people think Apple is so expensive??? They are no more expensive than Android, Windows Phone, Dell, and the like. Apple's iPad is less expensive than the Surface, etc., etc., etc. I think people just love to hate them. LOL!!!

NYC Girl
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to Anzio

said by Anzio:

It's interesting to see how close Android users are too. I'm guessing it's the 'latest and greatest' gouging by the wireless operators. iPhone pricing falls in line with other phones too.

Yes, thank you!!! People just love to hate Apple, is all...

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to NYC Girl

So true is just the writers perception thats wrong. Heck I have and Iphone on ST and i only pay 49.79 and even if it was with a contract I will still pay the same if it was an SG3 or X one

NYC Girl
Premium
Bronx, NY

said by Eddy120876:

So true is just the writers perception thats wrong. Heck I have and Iphone on ST and i only pay 49.79 and even if it was with a contract I will still pay the same if it was an SG3 or X one

Very nice, mine is about 96.00 which includes 30.00 for tethering and texting on verizon. Even with unlimited iOS texting sometimes the text is sent as a regular paid SMS text. Ugghhhh, if you don't ave a plan these things can add up.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to NYC Girl

Well, they are overachievers at earning that hate.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to NYC Girl

I don't do the tethering because of my job we have free wifi and also have wifi at home. Also taking the subway theres no need for wifi. But that sounds like a decent plan you have with VZ I just wish Tethering was part of all phone plans. Someday i hope this become the norm. I do get unlimited texting and calling. the net is 2.5GB a month but i never seem to go over 1.5GB even when im watching netflix while traveling to NJ.

NYC Girl
Premium
Bronx, NY

said by Eddy120876:

I don't do the tethering because of my job we have free wifi and also have wifi at home. Also taking the subway theres no need for wifi. But that sounds like a decent plan you have with VZ I just wish Tethering was part of all phone plans. Someday i hope this become the norm. I do get unlimited texting and calling. the net is 2.5GB a month but i never seem to go over 1.5GB even when im watching netflix while traveling to NJ.

I won't use the work wifi as they will know what I am doing on the Internet, won't they??

NYC Girl
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to KrK

said by KrK:

Well, they are overachievers at earning that hate.

Oh, hate, hate, hate... Lol

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

LOL I keep telling People hate is not good for their life. LOL

NYC Girl
Premium
Bronx, NY

said by Eddy120876:

LOL I keep telling People hate is not good for their life. LOL

YUP!!

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

1 recommendation

i love people that hate apple is funny seen then go nuts when Apple does well. LOL

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
Reviews:
·Millenicom

said by Eddy120876:

i love people that hate apple is funny seen then go nuts when Apple does well. LOL

»/profile/1233971
--
»mc-buildville.enjin.com/

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to NYC Girl