·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to elios

Re: TWC lowered my rate too

said by elios:

amazing what some real competition will do

Yea, for what TW is missing out on in that area, the costs are being passed on to other divisions and customers in the rest of the country.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

elios

join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

and if the had hte same competition in the rest of the country they couldnt pull that shit
they only do it because they can get away with it

like many of said dont like it switch...
OH RIGHT YOU HAVE NO ONE TO SWITCH TO

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

They could. Because they would have to. The company would be unprofitable if the applied these rates across the country.

axus

join:2001-06-18
Washington, DC
reply to swintec

If they were losing money in Kansas City, they'd be violating anti-trust laws doing that. It's exactly what Standard Oil did 100 years ago. I imagine they are not losing money, even at the discount.

whiteshp

join:2002-03-05
Xenia, OH
reply to swintec

As stated in quarterly earnings to stockholders TW's broadband service operates at 90%+ profit. They are not losing money. Their gravy train is still there just one boxcar shorter.

silbaco
Premium
USA
reply to axus

They no doubt are. It probably covers programming costs, but labor and other expenses probably push them over the edge.

Plenty of ISPs serve markets that are unprofitable either due to low uptake or being too small of a market. Anti-trust or not, they still do. The FCC is even trying to pay them to do so.

silbaco
Premium
USA
reply to whiteshp

They do not operate a 90%+ profit. In fact just released today their profits were much lower than expected and the stock price has taken a hit.

whiteshp

join:2002-03-05
Xenia, OH

On their internet not their TV service.