how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

APG
Premium
join:2007-01-13

Wait

One random post to a sketchy website like Consumerist qualifies as "news"? There are no standards anymore, are there?

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1

said by APG:

One random post to a sketchy website like Consumerist qualifies as "news"? There are no standards anymore, are there?

And the fact that the article fails to mention that at&t's uverse is also part of the 'competition' in that area. How is uverse doing in google-fab-fabulous-fiber land? Is uverse thriving with their superfast 18Mbps internet?

IM1811

join:2001-08-20
Haverstraw, NY
reply to APG

I don't know about Consumerist being 'sketchy'. They are owned by Consumer Reports, who have a subscription base of over 7 million readers, and have been in business since 1936.
--
»www.bartgordon.net

Expand your moderator at work

APG
Premium
join:2007-01-13
reply to IM1811

Re: Wait

said by IM1811:

I don't know about Consumerist being 'sketchy'. They are owned by Consumer Reports, who have a subscription base of over 7 million readers, and have been in business since 1936.

I agree that Consumer Reports is not sketchy. However, I think it's unfortunate that CR chose to sully its well-deserved good reputation by taking over consumerist.com from Gawker Media.

It's a lousy website and its editors are extremely self-righteous and arrogant. Even minor, probably accidental, infractions are turned into breathless scandals. I bet I could report that I was overcharged two cents by, say, Best Buy, and consumerist would turn it into "Den of Thieves!"

Bah.