join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Badonkadonk

Re: [iPad] 128 GB iPad 4 incoming.....

said by Badonkadonk:

Three words you said yourself . . . "No rational buyer"

...over a hundred million iPhones have been sold...they may be euphoric purchasers, but they're freely choosing to spend their hard earned money on this product (at the expense of other potential purchases...including leisure time pursuits).

I thought I'd ask, so I set up a related poll »[iPhone] Do you think the iPhone is a good "value"?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

That is like saying no rational buyer would buy a Porsche or BMW. Not everyone sees value in a Kia Rio or Honda Civic. Just because it has 4 wheels and bumpers doesn't mean it will give you the same experience. Personally I think a shoebox car with no "soul" is a complete waste of money while others would think a BMW a complete waste of money. Same goes for tech. I think a $500 crapbox from Dell is a complete waste of money, others look at a $2000 iMac and laugh out loud. One's rational buyer is another's irrational one.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
reply to haroldo

I think we're ships passing in the night with regards to the word "value". We're both possibly right in our points, but it depends on how the word is being defined.
--
"You lie!" Talk about an understatement, Joe.

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

1 recommendation

said by Badonkadonk:

I think we're ships passing in the night with regards to the word "value". We're both possibly right in our points, but it depends on how the word is being defined.

Value is how the every one of the consumers defines it.
Some value time over money, some value convenience over money (so they'll "over pay")...it's the free choice of the consumer.
My point is...we can question the "value" of these high priced toys, but at the end of the day, the consumer is voting with their wallets/pocket books...and loudly saying that it is a good value.