how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LastDon

join:2002-08-13

Installation issue & bell tech salesman... electronicbox

So,

I have one provider already, on my home line which has a traditional phone line.. and we were going to keep that service for alternative work related things.

Anyway, I signed up for electronicbox to have a dryLOOP installed.

Bell tech comes to my house, and right away starts off by saying

"Why bother, go to Bell they have unlimited internet now, and you don't have to worry. " THIS went on for ten minutes of my explaining why and all that crap.

Anyway I paid for the install, etc and he told me to get a new line i'd have to pay extra etc etc..

He went to the pole after did something comes back to me, and says

You can't have a dry loop and a phone line at one house, it is not possible and it is not something we do... you have two choices

cancel you internet with your current provider and use the phone line because you can't have a dryloop

OR go with BELL

I know a few people that have what I am doing, with a dryloop and a phone connection so what gives

what pisses me off more is that he was very Persistent on selling me Bell...... so f'ing annoying.

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON
Well that sounds like something ebox should escalate to Bell, because what the technician told you is certainly not true (in 99% of cases).

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to LastDon
said by LastDon:

So,

I have one provider already, on my home line which has a traditional phone line.. and we were going to keep that service for alternative work related things.

Anyway, I signed up for electronicbox to have a dryLOOP installed.

Bell tech comes to my house, and right away starts off by saying

"Why bother, go to Bell they have unlimited internet now, and you don't have to worry. " THIS went on for ten minutes of my explaining why and all that crap.

Anyway I paid for the install, etc and he told me to get a new line i'd have to pay extra etc etc..

He went to the pole after did something comes back to me, and says

You can't have a dry loop and a phone line at one house, it is not possible and it is not something we do... you have two choices

cancel you internet with your current provider and use the phone line because you can't have a dryloop

OR go with BELL

I know a few people that have what I am doing, with a dryloop and a phone connection so what gives

what pisses me off more is that he was very Persistent on selling me Bell...... so f'ing annoying.

All the more reason to simply BREAK UP BELL.

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to LastDon
lol either there's no more pair available or he's lazy.

LastDon

join:2002-08-13
only one line is in use the other pair is free!

the second tech came today, and he goes to me laughing

" so the bell tech didn't show up"

I was like no he came... he goes " sure he came I can see the job he did" lol

He then goes " another ticket today, how many can i put in a week"

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
Chances are you need a new Drop and the Guy you got was to frigging lazy to do it. The Only time what he said would be true is if you home was fed by Encap wires, and you had 2 lines already and needed a third pair then, and only then would that be even close to right. cause you would need a new wire run from the Underground ped to your home. If its Pole fed though No reason a new aerial drop could not be strung.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to LastDon
You need to give your new provider this information. They will escalate and have the tech's supervisor speak with him about this. This is completely unacceptable, but it does happen from time to time.

It is definitely not Bell policy to have a field tech bad mouth Bell or try to sell their service when they're there specifically on the request of a competitor to provide service.

If your ISP escalates it properly, Bell WILL speak to the field tech about his actions.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

weqwe

@teksavvy.com
maybe it's not bell's official policy.. but guess what happens when you impose sales quotas on techs who are supposed to fix/install lines for teksavvy customers.

it's hard for someone to ignore the quotas and fix lines.. it's not the official policy.. my a**. crtc needs to step up. but we all know they wont (and bell too...they get away with this crap)