uniqs
share rss forum feed

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

Secure Logon extension?

How do you manually add a site or get it to ask to save the password?

I can't seem to find anything on it.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium
join:2007-08-13
Philippines
Reviews:
·PLDT
·Comcast

I did away with Secure Logon a while back. There was a long dry spell between updates and it was starting to fail on some site it previously worked on. I emailed the apparently new maintainers Abine, Inc. and received this response:
quote:
Hello Chris,

Sadly we no longer provide support for these products. At this point the best I can do is direct you to these two pages for support:
»securelogin.mozdev.org/securelogin.mozdev.org/)
and
»autofillforms.mozdev.org/autofillforms.mozdev.org/)
If you have any further questions or comments or need additional assistance, please feel free to email us back at info@abine.com (mailto:info@abine.com).

Cordially,

Tom
I see there was an update on November 25, 2012, that response was November 29, 2012. (shrug)

The Secure Logon Add-ons page is basically an advertisement for DoNotTrackMe. (My opinion)

That doesn't answer your question though.

You can try a JavaScript applet that clears a couple of settings the prevent your log-ins from being saved. It does not work on some sites. This is what I use.
javascript:(function(){var%20ca,cea,cs,df,dfe,i,j,x,y;function%20n(i,what){return%20i+%22%20%22+what+((i==1)?%22%22:%22s%22)}ca=cea=cs=0;df=document.forms;for(i=0;i<df.length;++i){x=df[i];dfe=x.elements;if(x.onsubmit){x.onsubmit=%22%22;++cs;}if(x.attributes[%22autocomplete%22]){x.attributes[%22autocomplete%22].value=%22on%22;++ca;}for(j=0;j<dfe.length;++j){y=dfe[j];if(y.attributes[%22autocomplete%22]){y.attributes[%22autocomplete%22].value=%22on%22;++cea;}}}alert(%22Removed%20autocomplete=off%20from%20%22+n(ca,%22form%22)+%22%20and%20from%20%22+n(cea,%22form%20element%22)+%22,%20and%20removed%20onsubmit%20from%20%22+n(cs,%22form%22)+%22.%20After%20you%20type%20your%20password%20and%20submit%20the%20form,%20the%20browser%20will%20offer%20to%20remember%20your%20password.%22)})();

Create a bookmark called Remember Password (or what ever you like), then paste that code in to the Location block of the bookmark. When you are on a site that does not save your password, open your Bookmarks and select Remember Password, then try logging in again and see if it prompt to save. Like I said it does not alway work.

Another option is to install Saved Password Editor (»addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox···-editor/). This extension lets you add new logins and edit existing ones. Pretty handy.

Then there is QuickPasswords (»addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox···sswords/). I am using this instead of Secure Logons, as I don't have much faith in Abine, Inc.

I really don't miss Secure Logon that much.

--
Chris
Living in Paradise!!

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to ZZZZZZZ

said by ZZZZZZZ:

How do you manually add a site or get it to ask to save the password?

I'm using the saved password editor extension for that.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.3 Beta1; firefox 18.0

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Ok ,I don't understand the point of that extension saved passwords?

It does nothing but show the passwords,it doesn't help with logging on to a site?

What am I missing?
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

1 edit

Use the 'New' option (on the button/menu); helps if you're on the login page.

Click 'New':

to get the editor window:

(where you can enter new info)

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
Geneva, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to ZZZZZZZ

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Ok ,I don't understand the point of that extension saved passwords?

I'm not sure if that's a reply to me.

I use the secure login extension, which fills in the password when logging in to a site.

I use the saved password editor, which allows me to save a password for a site, even for a site that normally doesn't want passwords to be saved.

It's the combination of the two that does what you asked (if I understood your question).
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.3 Beta1; firefox 18.0

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Ya I've done all that......even manually added a site and info and when going back to that site Secure Login says there is no info for that site,even though it's in the editor.

edit:

Just got it to work,reloaded the page..........cool,thanks guys.

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
Geneva, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Ya I've done all that......even manually added a site and info and when going back to that site Secure Login says there is no info for that site,even though it's in the editor.

I think that happens when the site does not use a password form, but instead uses its own CGI script. They do that, to make sure that a password manager cannot be used.

They probably see this as a brilliant move to increase the security of their site. I see it as utterly stupid, and as actually weakening security.
--