share rss forum feed

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

THX Tune-up App

If you have a big screen TV, this new app from THX may be of interest to you.

quote:
THX tune-up (TM) allows you to properly adjust your TV, projector and speakers, helping you get the most out of your entertainment system.

THX tune-up features custom video test patterns, carefully selected photos and tutorials to help you adjust and confirm the best picture settings on your display based on your room lighting. Using special test sounds, THX tune-up also lets you check your external speakers to make sure they are working in phase and are connected properly for 2-channel stereo or 5.1 surround sound systems.

THX tune-up is completely interactive and you will be able to go through it at your own pace and in any order. Use your iPad 2 (or later) or iPhone 4 (or later) to connect to your display or sound system with an AppleTM Digital AV Adapter and HDMI cable or through a wireless Apple TV.

I used it today to discover my AV receiver was messed up and some connections were reversed. Apparently it is free for the first week and $1.99 afterward. You will also need Apple's 30-pin Digital AV Adapter or Apple TV and an HDMI cable of at least 6 feet in length.

Review here.

--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1

Will give it a shot tonight, thanks for the info!

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to DKS

I used it yesterday. I went through my Apple TV with my iPad 3rd Generation. I made some adjustments to the picture and it looked better on some channels, but on some it was too green.

Did a few hand tweaks and I think it is at a happy medium.

The sound test would not test correctly as it would not recognize DD 5.1 and would only see a two channel audio feed.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to DKS

I haven't tweaked my 32" led in the home office yet (too lazy to drag a Blu-ray player in there). I'm thinking I'll use this first then go back over it with the Disney "WOW" disc, and see how close it comes.
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA
reply to DKS

said by DKS:

Apparently it is free for the first week and $1.99 afterward.

I guess I missed the freebie, released 1 week ago today...
--
.:|:. aztec being aztec...™