dslreports logo
site
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
uniqs
12
share rss forum feed


TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to veriphone

Re: CNOC speed matching decision due next week

said by veriphone:

said by TSI Marc:

On the whole Aggregated-TPIA front, We are already ATPIA with Videotron and we will be on Cogeco as of next week also. We'll be eating lots of costs until the CBB decision is made.. Technically we're already on ATPIA with Shaw also...

Marc,
Speaking of Cogeco ATPIA when can one sign up for that service, see available packages, speeds, etc.? I am in Cogeco territory and am very interested in the long delayed Cogeco deal. Tried checking on your web site by entering my postal code and it shows "Oops! We were unable to find a product that matches your postal code."
Since you'll be live with Cogeco next week, shouldn't you publish all the details so people can get familiar and decide what package they want to sign up on?
Thanks.

Well that's the thing.. the CBB rates are completely retarded as they are now with Cogeco... so our ability to do up packages that make sense just isn't there. i.e. the packages I would make right now, you wouldn't want to buy them and I'd look bad just for offering them!

I mean.. I could offer our lower offering maybe.. like the 75gig option. moreover though, we didn't want to put something out there only to have to change the rates again once the CBB decision comes out. Its quite a bit of work to send notices... we have to give 30 days notice to change rates.. we also didn't want to go too soon also since if we had to live with existing rates. it would have meant raising rates to our existing TPIA (non-aggregated) subs here in Chatham.. so we decided to wait..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

veriphone

join:2011-01-29
I know you didn't do it on purpose Marc but you got me confused )
So next week you CAN do Cogeco and it'll be LIVE, but you don't want and will NOT do it because of the CBB rates? Thing is I am tired of my DSL speeds...been with you for ever....and the DSL (6M/800K)is solid and working fine but...it is SLOW compared to what cable can offer...hence I'd love to switch and got encouraged reading you are ready to go live with equal speeds to Cogeco...but after reading your reply nopw....I am not sure I understand the options available ...if any for people like me in Cogeco territory....

- wait till CBB comes out (who knows when?!?)
- sit tight and enjoy my DSL for....again who knows how much longer
- Switch to Start get the speeds I want but possibly at higher price than TSI may offer?

- Or.....here is the winner Marc....maybe become one of your better Cogecto cable testers? )

Would appreciate your advice on most valuable option to me and many others in my situation....

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
Become a beta tester, for sure

veriphone

join:2011-01-29
Fully agree with you.
Just waiting on Marc to confirm.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
said by veriphone:

Fully agree with you.
Just waiting on Marc to confirm.

Failing that, run your own fiber.....and pass it by my house on the way to yours. :


TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
said by MaynardKrebs:

Failing that, run your own fiber.....and pass it by my house on the way to yours. :

... Passes the Metamucil over to Maynard

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
LOL


Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by veriphone:

Marc,
Speaking of Cogeco ATPIA when can one sign up for that service, see available packages, speeds, etc.? I am in Cogeco territory and am very interested in the long delayed Cogeco deal....

Well that's the thing.. the CBB rates are completely retarded as they are now with Cogeco... so our ability to do up packages that make sense just isn't there. i.e. the packages I would make right now, you wouldn't want to buy them and I'd look bad just for offering them!

I mean.. I could offer our lower offering maybe....

 
[I have not read ahead after Page 11 to see whether this has already been answered - my apologies if it has.]

Marc, that's understandable, your reasons for holding back.

OTOH, if you DID right now bring to market some packages for GOUGEco areas, would the caps and prices still be better than whatever Cogeco's own retail plans are ?

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !