spc
uniqs
Geno71
join:2012-12-12
Antioch, IL

1 edit

Geno71

Re: [Rant] Comcast Treats Long-Time Customers Like Garbage

I half wonder if some of you are Comcast employees trolling me, asking me over and over things I've already answered, to try and rile me up / draw away sympathy. Wouldn't put it past them. lol

Read and comprehend. I've answered all relevant questions multiple times, but not ONE person has answered my question. When stuck at a given Mbps, for how many years should the billing increase (and by how much) with no equivalent improvement in service?

What do you guys think? Is $80 too much? Tell me where it's reasonable for me to start complaining, in the sense that you think it would be too much money for 20+Mbps and no increase in speed over 4 + X years.

Any takers? lol

What about the bait-and-switch billing? Anyone got a clever answer for that? All my fault they suggested a solution of a one-time credit, then I agree, then I pay the adjusted amount, then they charge the credit back the next month plus a late fee (as if i never paid the prior bill)? Common, what's the rationalization there?

Drew: I was not trying to be antagonistic but I never even brought the modem up until you did. Now you're changing the question.

You asked what my modem was, I said it was DocSis 3 type (still curious why you asked), but that the advertised speed was not the issue (and that I had already mentioned speed was not the issue). That the issue is, at some point, after a number of yearly increases, it's not unreasonable to expect small boosts in speed so that you "get what you pay for" over time. Would +2Mbps/year be unreasonable to expect. What about +2Mbps every other year? Just way too big a burden on Comcast?

Asjamias: you're wrong and that's all I'll say about it. Read and comprehend. I've paid close attention to my speeds (And fees) the whole time... and began to notice an unsettling trend. That's the WHOLE POINT.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Geno71:

Asjamias: you're wrong and that's all I'll say about it. Read and comprehend. I've paid close attention to my speeds (And fees) the whole time... and began to notice an unsettling trend. That's the WHOLE POINT.

you know what, whatever explanation we give you either right or wrong in what we think or what you think, you may never be satisfied or get the right answer.

you're mind got too polluted with how much you hate Comcast for what you're paying for the service they provide.

I do hope you really move on to another service provider and get the satisfaction you're looking for price wise and speed wise.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew to Geno71

Premium Member

to Geno71
said by Geno71:

Tell me where it's reasonable for me to start complaining, in the sense that you think it would be too much money for 20+Mbps and no increase in speed over 4 + X years.
Drew:...That the issue is, at some point, after a number of yearly increases, it's not unreasonable to expect small boosts in speed so that you "get what you pay for" over time. Would +2Mbps/year be unreasonable to expect. What about +2Mbps every other year? Just way too big a burden on Comcast?

You've gotten the speed increases. 4+ years ago (2008/2009) you didn't have 20/4 on Performance tier, it was more like 15/2.

Every 2 years or so Comcast does increase the speeds of the tiers. It's been increased at least 16 mpbs in 7 years for the Performance tier, so it's the +2Mbps/year you would seem to think is reasonable.

You've gotten the speed increases you've wanted, you just haven't noticed. If you want the cost to drop, I'd suggest looking at a lower tiers of service. All the providers follow this pricing scheme: Slight bumps in service= slight bumps in cost. They add up over years and to drop price you have to drop some of the services that have been added in. Lower tiers today are usually better than the lower tiers of years ago.

I don't work for Comcast. I don't even have Comcast service. I pay attention to Comcast and the Comcast forum because they lead the pack in service upgrades for cable companies. They tend to do it first and everybody else follows.