uniqs
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

WhatNow

Premium Member

Over played their hand

When I got the notice they were going to charge me $5/mo for the internet modem that was built into the voip connection I bought my own internet modem and canceled the voip. They were also going up on their rates that month. My bill dropped from $195 to $141. So the Voip was costing me $54 and I seldom used the phone.
After I dropped the voip they sent me an offer for a two year contract I would get one year free. That just made me madder. One good thing is I don't get anymore sales calls.
If I lived closer to a big city I might drop the TV and go OTA. The SYFY is about the only cable channel I watch.

jdrtech
join:2004-08-01
Richmond Hill, NY

jdrtech

I dropped TWC video and just have basic HD channels and stream video via my samsung smart tv...i do not miss the set top box!

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

AMDUSER to WhatNow

Premium Member

to WhatNow
I got rid of their voip and internet after they could not get their act together.. for 6 years I had many missed calls because the phone was not working right. Then TWC didn't bother to give me credit for most of the outages.. I called them up [on a cell phone] to complain. Then to top it off the week I had U-Verse VoIP and internet installed I was missing calls - again- It would show up on the caller ID on tv- Yet the phone was not ringing.. Never again!

Oh, the other reason I switched was because their rates were too high- $163 and change for standard internet, unlimited nationwide, and digital service, with 1 convertor and dvr service.. At that price, I decided to look around locally at pricing by going with someone else.
I'm sure At&t could get me a bundle for satellite, IP-DSL, and voip for less then TWC. [The only thing I do miss is that TWC roadrunner standard is faster then the 6 Meg IP-DSL service I qualify for.]