Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: [Rant] Dark Souls: A Shitty console port

said by Krisnatharok:

And nobody better dare tell me to get a controller to enjoy the game. This is the PC gaming forum, and I better be able to do it with my keyboard and mouse (unless it's a flight sim).

These type of 3rd person games (at least for me) always play better on a controller. The Witcher 2 is another game for example that plays beautiful on a controller.

It's just one of those things.

I'm as hooked on PC gaming as the rest in this forum, but I can't ignore when a game just feels better on a controller.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

You make a good point, some games are better on a controller(alice madness returns for instance), even back in the 90's when pc was on top some games were better on a controller. IIRC jazz jackrabbit had a controller you could order that supposedly was wonderful, and I enjoyed toy story 2 more on a game pad than KB+M when the game pad worked. Thats one of the strong points of a pc, you are not limited to one input device you can use pretty much anything.

Though I have to say I preferred TW2 on a KB+M over a controller. Granted with all the updates they've had for it its possible they updated the KB+M input since I only played it late last month.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Ghastlyone

I don't mind a controller at all--what I do mind is being told to use a controller or GTFO.

TW2 is a great example--the combat was intuitive to me with KB+M, but apparently is also blended well with a controller, and went on to be a PC port (not too many of those) a year later for Xbox.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.