Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to jchambers28

Premium Member

to jchambers28

Re: [Cooling] core I5 3570k safe temp

Is that 24/7 overclock?

I'd adjust the Turbo Ratio settings, so your CPU only runs at 4.5ghz when under load, and then back to a nice cool stock when you're just idling doing nothing.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28

Premium Member

I have speed step enabled. I know nothing about the turbo settings on this board. Here is the board I have.

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 13130660
Chrno
join:2003-12-11

Chrno to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
Turbo is the only way you can overclock these processors. You can not sustain a constant 4.5GHz clock during idle. When you adjust the CPU multiplier in your BIOS settings, you are basically adjusting the maximum turbo multiplier.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

1 edit

1 recommendation

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Chrno:

Turbo is the only way you can overclock these processors. You can not sustain a constant 4.5GHz clock during idle. When you adjust the CPU multiplier in your BIOS settings, you are basically adjusting the maximum turbo multiplier.

It might depend on what motherboard you're running. With the OP's MSI, I'm not sure. My Gigabyte board on the other hand, there's a few different ways you can overclock. I would think both boards are nearly the same though.

You can disable Turbo Boost completely and then adjust the clock ratios from there. Which in turn will give you a 24/7 overclock.

Or, you can simply adjust the Turbo Ratios settings for an overclock only when under load.