Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..

When xbox gets real...

This kinda stuff makes you really consider even allowing your kids to play online.

»www.wftv.com/news/news/local/ovi···h/nWBfW/

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

I think it one of those things where it wouldn't matter if they played online or not. It not like you can say, "Well if they didn't have Xbox Live in the 1st place this wouldn't happen" Remember that guy who had Sprint customers coming to his house because their stolen phones were "found" at his house?, I read the article a few times and couldn't see a mention if he had Sprint or not.

bobjohnson
Premium
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..

said by Madtown:

I think it one of those things where it wouldn't matter if they played online or not. It not like you can say, "Well if they didn't have Xbox Live in the 1st place this wouldn't happen" Remember that guy who had Sprint customers coming to his house because their stolen phones were "found" at his house?, I read the article a few times and couldn't see a mention if he had Sprint or not.

Obviously in this case the family that got the visit from SWAT didn't have anything to do with it, just like the Sprint guy didn't. It takes some dummies messing with someone and a some incorrect information to make for a bad day. What information would the police use to determine the address in the first place?
--

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to Madtown

said by Madtown:

Remember that guy who had Sprint customers coming to his house because their stolen phones were "found" at his house?, I read the article a few times and couldn't see a mention if he had Sprint or not.

This guy?

»Sprint GPS Glitch Making Poor Guy's Life Hell
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to bobjohnson

The article's so thin on technical details as to be USELESS in determining what was done...

quote:
"The people that had hacked into the account were requesting that he provide them some gaming information," said Lt. Mike Beavers of the Oviedo Police Department.

When the teen refused, the hackers sent fake online messages to police reporting a hoax crime, said authorities.
Magical words "hacked" (emphasis mine)... and everyone thinks "oh noes... hackers got us again!"
To me, on what little technical information is given, sounds like a variation of the old VOIP 911
calls prepubescent teens used to inflict on each other because they "read it up on the internet and
thought it'd be funny to perpetrate on someone."

....Idiots.

Regards

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
kudos:2
reply to bobjohnson

"They said, 'We're the police,' so that was a big relief."

Right....

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by Cartel:

"They said, 'We're the police,' so that was a big relief."

Right....

Compared with hearing "We're the BATF", it probably would be a big relief.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to bobjohnson

At least the cops rang the bell.

bobjohnson
Premium