how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wfgarnett3

join:2002-05-22
Langhorne, PA

[HD] NBC - WCAU-DT channel 510 replaced with CoziTV

This evening FIOS channel 510, which is usually the HD feed of NBC (WCAU-DT) is now CoziTV.
Right now, Do No Harm is airing fine on the regular NBC FIOS channel of 10, while 510 is showing what looks like Magnum PI on CoziTV.

Does anyone know what is happening?
I have the Cisco CHS435 HDC DVR.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by wfgarnett3:

Does anyone know what is happening?
I have the Cisco CHS435 HDC DVR.

Not sure if this is related but in VHO7 afew weeks ago we had a thread on CoziTV.

»COZI TV replaced NonStop 460 vho7

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
I would guess not related, sounds like something got crossed at either the VHO or the CO -- more likely the CO or Vz would have been flooded with calls since it is a broadcast network.

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1
reply to wfgarnett3
Nothing of the sort here out of the Churchville CO (not on my TiVo at least, which recorded Do No Harm without issue).

wfgarnett3

Langhorne, PA
reply to wfgarnett3
It is still this way today.

Even though the Guide for channel 510 shows NBC, what is appearing on the screen is the same feed as CoziTV channel 460.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by wfgarnett3:

It is still this way today.

Even though the Guide for channel 510 shows NBC, what is appearing on the screen is the same feed as CoziTV channel 460.

FYI CoziTV is an OTA subchannel of WCAU. Somewhere in the Verizon stream they are incorrectly putting the subchannel on 510.

drby222

@verizon.net
reply to wfgarnett3
sounds like the mapping is screwed up on cisco boxes only so motorola users dont see the issue. what do u see on the channel that is normally cozi tv? channel 460 something.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
reply to wfgarnett3
Just for grins, have you tried an STB auto correction?

wfgarnett3

Langhorne, PA
reply to drby222
I see the same Cozi channel on channel 460.
So 510 is now a duplicate of 460 (even though the guide for 510 says NBC).

I knew Cozi was a subchannel of NBC, so I did figured they are putting the wrong channel on the feed suddenly. I'm trying to avoid calling them due to their customer service issues I had with them lately.

What is an STB auto correction?

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by wfgarnett3:

...What is an STB auto correction?

STB Main Menu >> Customer Support >> In Home Agent >> STB/DVR Auto Correct
It resets the box and reloads stuff, including IMG channel guide information.

wfgarnett3

Langhorne, PA
OK, I am good now.

I called Verizon, and while I was on hold a recording said there was a video upgrade within the last 3 days and if you are having issues to unplug and plug back in the box.

I did that and now the correct High Def NBC channel shows on 510.

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
reply to wfgarnett3
I had a similar thing happen with a different channel - Ch90 was NBC Sports and Ch590 was something else (I think it was ESPN). I did an STB reboot through the menu and that fixed the issue. Seems like the channel mapping got messed up and the reboot put it back in order.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons