uniqs
share rss forum feed

excelx

join:2004-07-06
Los Angeles, CA
reply to jimk

Re: [TWC] Time warner cable and Motorola Surfboard 6141

the main line coming from pole to our house it's like 100 years old lol
( 18 years ) they would probably charge us alot if replaced...
weird thing is that everything was fine before the 15-1 upgrade ( was 10-1 )

cmhuber

join:2001-11-16
San Diego, CA

Things could be different here in San Diego, but they came out and dug up and replaced the cable from the pole (at street) to the house for FREE.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to excelx

said by excelx:

the main line coming from pole to our house it's like 100 years old lol
( 18 years ) they would probably charge us alot if replaced...
weird thing is that everything was fine before the 15-1 upgrade ( was 10-1 )

have had the drop from the tap replaced a few times due to various issues and it was free TWC owns line up until your demarcation point at your house. and it was free each time.

excelx

join:2004-07-06
Los Angeles, CA

I will give them a call tomorrow morning and find out, thank you!

jimk
Premium
join:2006-04-15
Raleigh, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms
reply to excelx

I agree with everyone else that it should be free. I know policies are different depending on where you are, but I personally have never heard of TWC charging someone for this kind of issue.

It is really in their best interest to replace old out of spec cables and connectors. Depending on the situation, bad cables and connectors can cause signal ingress leading to difficult to troubleshoot problems for you and other even subscribers. Not saying that this is happening... but it can.

When they see those signals, I suspect they will immediately send a tech no questions asked. Most modems spec the operating range as -15dBmV to +15dBmV, and most cable operators list their acceptable range as -10dBmV to +10dBmV (this is done to improve reliability - it is not good to run right at the low or high side of the spec for a few reasons, one of them being that the signal can change slightly throughout the day, leading to intermittent service loss when it goes too far out of spec).