share rss forum feed

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to FIOS4cable

Re: Free NHL PREVIEW

I tried to watch a Center Ice HD channel during the free viewing. One of my STBs, a 6200 HD box, would not let me view a game in HD. It gave the error that the STB had to be replaced.

I ordered it on Wed night, it arrived on Thursday. It is a 7100 model. I didn't know that the InDemand HD streams needed an upgraded stb!

I have been viewing HD programs, both live and recorded on this 6200 STB for years. I learn something every day!

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Vz is testing out MPEG4 compression on the InDemand HD streams, the 6xxx model STBs can't view MPEG4.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to stevek1949

said by stevek1949:

I tried to watch a Center Ice HD channel during the free viewing. One of my STBs, a 6200 HD box, would not let me view a game in HD. It gave the error that the STB had to be replaced.

I ordered it on Wed night, it arrived on Thursday. It is a 7100 model. I didn't know that the InDemand HD streams needed an upgraded stb!

I have been viewing HD programs, both live and recorded on this 6200 STB for years. I learn something every day!

See this thread where what you found by mistake was used by many of us for a free upgrade...

»How to upgrade to Motorola 7xxx series for free

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA

Thanks, guys! I must have missed that message stream. I already has a 7232 DVR and one 7100 STB. Must have missed the other one!

The free upgrade worked!