Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac

Re: Path of Exile

I have enjoyed playing this the last couple days. I think Shadow is my favorite melee guy so far and Witch is my favorite overall. I got my Witch to 12 last night. I am building her as a necromancing, frost AoE'ing maniac. I've also got a couple RL buddies joining in on the fun.

I was going to ask what the death penalty was in this game. Looks like it's 15% XP loss. Guess I need to quit running into the middle of the those packs so much to get off a frost nova. lol

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

Death penalty does not occur until after you beat the game on normal

IN merciless and cruel, death does inflicts an XP penalty! dying has a meaning!

Gundy
Premium
join:2002-10-29
reply to Dissembled

A summoning witch is a blast, it takes abit to get up to speed and your minions to get some health. But once you get some minion damage + life support gems they really start to shine. Especially if you do the Minion Instability + Skeleton Summoning Totem.

I've been playing a Freezing Pulse Templar and can't get enough, super high health/ES and multiple freezing pulse projectiles. Working on stacking enough crit so I can keep things frozen while shotgunning freezing pulse.

The builds in this game continue to amaze me.
--
| Im not really a ego maniac im just really good at what I do... |

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

I tried a little bit of summoning when I first started playing. My zombies annoyed me because, being new, I couldn't tell them from the mobs. Might try going back to it though with another toon, seeing as we have 24 character slots.

Gundy
Premium
join:2002-10-29

said by VioletVenom:

I tried a little bit of summoning when I first started playing. My zombies annoyed me because, being new, I couldn't tell them from the mobs. Might try going back to it though with another toon, seeing as we have 24 character slots.

This is a big problem, I solved it by running some auras with expanded range passive in the talent tree. That way I could atleast tell which mobs were mine. However, this is pretty chaotic when you join public games. I've even heard about how necros are being kicked from groups until they fix the highlighting of friendly mobs.
--
| Im not really a ego maniac im just really good at what I do... |