Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bcade

join:2003-01-31
Washington, DC
reply to Anav

Re: How to manage two WAN and two ROUTER connections

Thanks. I'm reading now. This maybe what I'm looking for. Was the port forwarding issue with 2 routers ever resolved?

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:4

said by bcade:

Thanks. I'm reading now. This maybe what I'm looking for. Was the port forwarding issue with 2 routers ever resolved?

Well its been awhile, but port forwarding capability was as you may have noted, was clarified near the end of the thread (what is possible).
By the way the ASUS N56U is a powerhouse consumer router. They put the switch architecture and nat architecture in hardware units separate from the CPU so its fast and can handle a gazillion connections.

ClearToLand

join:2002-12-20
South Plainfield, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
reply to bcade

said by bcade:

...Was the port forwarding issue with 2 routers ever resolved?

Both Routers were actually running DD-WRT and had identical Port Forwarding set up for my ReplayTVs. But, only ONE was enabled at a time. And, the Gateways on the ReplayTVs had to changed manually.

If you view your WAN IP as your Street Name, your Port becomes your House Number which cannot be duplicated. With both Routers on one subnet, the Street Name is the same.

IME, the best way to learn how these things work is to start out small, get that working, then gradually add devices.
--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950) LM