spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xtx89

@direcway.com

[HN9000] how to avoid FAP permanently

I'm sure some are aware of this, but with the amount of headaches over FAP I thought it might be useful to remind people.

With hnFAPalert, not only does it keep you informed in your system tray of how much data you have in your bucket, but you can set it to disable your connection when it meets a certain threshold. For instance, my killswitch is set to 50MB. I lose connection and then know to cut out whatever I was doing, or find the source of the gremlin that's sucking my data. Good prog. No idea if it works on Gen4 though. It's an old prog but it works perfectly on my HN9000.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
said by xtx89 :

No idea if it works on Gen4 though.

It don't, I done checked.. dbirdman is already working on one for it though, well not right just yet actually, we need to let hughes work all the bugs out of the system first and then it will be stable enough eventually.

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5

2 edits
reply to xtx89
I'm not going to commit to ever having it work with Gen4, because of the huge differences in the way FAP works with that system, and the liklihood that I will never see a Gen4 system myself.

I don't even have any satellite service anymore, although I have retained the hn7000s modem for testing purposes.

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

1 recommendation

Don....say it's not so !

We here on the site have depended on your shared wisdom and experience for years.........

You (and a few others) are our foundation here !!!!!!

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5
As you know, I've been primarily a mobile user. I've sold my bus and the 1.2 meter dish, but kept my .74-meter for future use. Hopefully a newer bus later this year, but I may use the .74-meter just for HD TV (I let my TV dish go with the sale).
--
Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool