»www.kerio.com/parser/mai ··· 209&lg=1

Have fun
Sentinel
Premium Member
join:2001-02-07
Florida

Sentinel

Premium Member

Good looking ut there. Anyone know what this fixes?

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
join:2001-01-27
22152-1106
·Verizon FiOS

grobinette to upieper

MVM,

to upieper
Al Otero - there is nothing that I saw in the release history past 2.1.1

Here is a note from the Kerio page

"UPDATE
We strongly recommend installing the latest copy of product from our download site as we post improvements including minor features (BUILDS) continuously. Customers might want to periodically check for newer "builds" and installing them on top of old ones. All configuration setting will remain."
Sentinel
Premium Member
Florida

Sentinel

Premium Member

Yes. I saw that there is a new version available for upload but it does not seem as though they have updated the history section yet to show what this new version gives us. I was wondering if anyone knows.

gwion
wild colonial boy

join:2000-12-28
Pittsburgh, PA

gwion to upieper

to upieper
Well, it positively identified the new binary by MD5 and prompted me on my installation. I made a point of paying extra attention, this time ...

Otherwise, it looks like an incremental release, I don't see any obvious new features or UI details. I do know Kerio was promising to work around some of the errors that were popping up for a few users (and we've seen a few, here, over the past few days, too). My instinct is to advise treating firewalls the same way you would treat a server; always patch. With the general ease with which Kerio slides in there, compared to sme other apps, there's really no reason not to... the reboot is the most difficult part, for me ... so, go get 'em while they're hot, folks... I'm going to slip away and take a look at my copy for a little bit... I'm leaving my old version on my test machine (InTulsa, this one's for you ) to see if the update notification functions normally, for me, when he gets the notice up... no, release notes are not yet posted, by the way. We'll post anything of interest, soon as it's available.

Zupe
MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

Zupe to upieper

MVM

to upieper
Updates in version 2.1.2 from the Kerio Release History
»www.kerio.com/parser/mai ··· 665&lg=1

2.1.2 - March 19, 2002
+ new default rule for DHCP
+ KPF works with NAV2002
+ All ICMP codes
- fixed "Invalid buffer tag" bug
- fixed "Unchecked DENY radio button" bug in GUI

Murray3
join:2001-03-06
Texas

Murray3 to gwion

to gwion
said by gwion:
My instinct is to advise treating firewalls the same way you would treat a server; always patch. With the general ease with which Kerio slides in there, compared to sme other apps, there's really no reason not to... the reboot is the most difficult part, for me ... so, go get 'em while they're hot, folks...
I'm in agreement with that, gwion.

While actual new versions (ie: 2.x.x to 3.x.x) might involve the need for more knowledge and caution when upgrading, I think it is always a good idea to upgrade to the latest build (ie: 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 etc).

With my experience of using Tiny & Kerio, the patch/build upgrades do nothing but good... even if sometimes somewhat transparent for the end-user.
Murray3

Murray3 to Zupe

to Zupe
said by Zupe:

Cool, thanks for sharing the release info.

That was observant of them. Something I noticed with 2.1.1 and they seem to have indeed corrected it.
Sentinel
Premium Member
Florida

Sentinel to Zupe

Premium Member

to Zupe
said by Zupe:
2.1.2 - March 19, 2002
+ KPF works with NAV2002
+ All ICMP codes
It didn't work with NAV 2002? I never had any problems. What didn't work about it?

Murray3
Texas

Murray3 to Zupe

to Zupe
said by Zupe:
Updates in version 2.1.2 from the Kerio Release History
»www.kerio.com/parser/mai ··· 665&lg=1

2.1.2 - March 19, 2002
+ KPF works with NAV2002
+ All ICMP codes

Cool.
OFP_Guba$
join:2002-02-27
SE

OFP_Guba$ to upieper

to upieper
Anyone know what!

+new default rule for DHCP

Means?

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

Ryan to upieper

Premium Member

to upieper
wooeee there on a roll like what this compony is doing for this product. Heck if they made you pay for it (HOPE THEY DONT) I would still buy a copy. I might buy a copy anyway

Murray3
Texas

Murray3 to OFP_Guba$

to OFP_Guba$
said by OFP_Guba:
Anyone know what!

+new default rule for DHCP

Means?
When you install Kerio, it provides several rules, that are already set.

These are fairly generic rules and you can edit/delete them as you feel necessary (or leave them alone depending on your need for them).

It sounds like Kerio have simply added another pre-installed rule that you get following the installation of the firewall. The rule relates to DHCP.

I've not seen exactly what rule it is, because upon upgrading from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2, I immediately imported my existing rule set in to Kerio, so never saw the default rules that the install gives.

I'm sure someone else will be able to clarify exactly what the DHCP is, that has been added.

[text was edited by author 2002-03-19 17:10:00]

upieper
join:2001-12-23

upieper to Murray3

to Murray3
Murray,

can you enlighten me as to what is the difference/benefit from choosing "all predefined" and putting a checkmark on "all ICMP codes" ?
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to Zupe

Premium Member

to Zupe
What are you guys doing all day

"+ All ICMP codes"

Looks like Stan is reading his e-mail!
»ICMP Block all does not block all ICMP
--------------------------
To: "BlitzenZeus"
Subject: Re: We need an ICMP "ALL" setting
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:51:59 +0100

Try this new version (2.1.2) »download.kerio.com/dwn/k ··· -win.exe
I'm sure you find what you want...

S. Kolar

--------------------------
I haven't even downloaded it yet, I just read this message. I'm off to do two new clean installs, be back in a while....

Willy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-24
USA

Willy to Sentinel

Premium Member

to Sentinel
said by Al Otero:
Good looking ut there. Anyone know what this fixes?

Here's a guess on my part.

After installing V2.1.1 I was getting file structure errors with Norton's Disk Doctor 2002 running on a WinXP machine. I would schedule a repair on the re-boot but the scan would never find an error to fix.

When I got back to windows and ran DD the error was there. I did this several times. I assumed the problem may have been Kerio since I had just installed it so I uninstalled it and the problem went away.

I reinstalled it and the problem eventually returned. I'll see what happens with 2.1.2.

BSanders2
join:2001-12-11
Durham, NC

BSanders2 to Murray3

to Murray3
Click for full size
said by Murray:

I've not seen exactly what rule it is, because upon upgrading from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2, I immediately imported my existing rule set in to Kerio, so never saw the default rules that the install gives.

I'm sure someone else will be able to clarify exactly what the DHCP is, that has been added.
I did a clean install and these are the predefined rules that come with 2.1.2
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Just a note for others, some of the default rules will be different depending which OS you have....

gwion
wild colonial boy

join:2000-12-28
Pittsburgh, PA

gwion to upieper

to upieper
I'll run a clean install on the test machine when I bring it up... if I can post a copy of the defaults, I will...
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

If you delete every rule below the DHCP rule in the above example you have the 9x default rules
[text was edited by author 2002-03-19 20:25:23]

zippythezipp
join:2001-10-21
Canada

zippythezipp to upieper

to upieper
I am happy with 2.1.2 because 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 would not work with my main system , due to a bug that was fixed in the latest version.

SGT6
join:2002-02-27
Aurora, CO

SGT6

No matter what they do, there are always happy users. Isn't that great!
Cheers,
SGT

bkhorn
2b1-Ask1
Premium Member
join:2000-03-24
Easton, PA

bkhorn

Premium Member

Looks like the update notice works.
piotr8
join:2002-03-16
Poland

piotr8 to upieper

to upieper
DCHP rule has been added in order to solve problem of suspend/resume on some (notebook) computers. There is an additional thread on that.
»Kerio/TPS and suspend/resume
Regards
Piotr

pompeyfan
Premium Member
join:2001-12-25
Australia

pompeyfan to upieper

Premium Member

to upieper
quote:
With my experience of using Tiny & Kerio, the patch/build upgrades do nothing but good... even if sometimes somewhat transparent for the end-user.
Except going from TPF 2.0.14 to 2.0.15, that didn't turn out to flash!!!
That aside, it looks great, I'm going for it but keeping a copy of previous version just in case.

Skipdawg
The Original

join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA

Skipdawg to upieper

to upieper
I sure do love the way this program alerts you to an update if you restart your computer.

Thanks for the heads up though. Had not needed to restart for a few days.