spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DrPleaser
join:2005-12-21
Montreal, QC

DrPleaser

[Affaires] Help!

I've been on videotron business for years now, and when they changed to 500gb, I was was like, okay, that's fine I never go above 500 anyways.

This month they nail me with an almost 500$ bill saying oh hey you down/up 750gb this month!!! Here's a 355$ surcharge!!

Calling their "customer" service was no help whatsoever. They said "we can't do anything at all" no credit, nothing. All they said was "you want to cancel?" NO HELP AND NO GIVE.

I'm locked in until October. Any advice?
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc

If you were on the residential service, the retention department would have been a lot more cooperative.

With the business plans though, it comes with a 3 year contract and I don't really have experience negotiating with Vidéotron.

I've tried with my Rogers business plan. I had overuse fees as well (with my cellphone in this case) and they were only able to cut the fees down by 50% at first. I asked to talk to a level 2 rep, and they were able to cut down the fees by 75%. They also offered me that they were willing to cut down the whole fee if I would either:
-renew the contract; or
-upgrade to a more expensive plan.

Nice
@videotron.ca

Nice to DrPleaser

Anon

to DrPleaser
355$ for using 250-gigs in excess?
Wow, nice scam they have going.

But, did you really use that much? No arguing that fact?
DrPleaser
join:2005-12-21
Montreal, QC

DrPleaser

I tried arguing that i've never gone over 500 and It just cannot be!

But nope, nothing
Expand your moderator at work
Fardoche
join:2010-09-08

Fardoche to DrPleaser

to DrPleaser

Re: [Affaires] Help!

said by DrPleaser:

But nope, nothing

Of course, it's classic. Companies always do that. They pretend you went over the limit and charge you for it even if you're 100% innocent. Happens to me all the time. Last week at the grocery store, the cashier tried to bill me for some milk and I didn't have any in my cart. Can you believe it??? i put $20 of gas in my car and the cashier said i owed $50. You really have to watch your back.
julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC

julienvf to DrPleaser

to DrPleaser
What's the penalty they ask to get out of that contract? at that rate, it might be cheaper to consider it rather than paying for that extra bandwith...

vitesse
join:2002-12-17
Saint-Philippe, QC

vitesse to Fardoche

to Fardoche
said by Fardoche:

said by DrPleaser:

But nope, nothing

i put $20 of gas in my car and the cashier said i owed $50. You really have to watch your back.

No He explain that he put 40L of gas in his car. the first 30L was charged at 1.30$ per litter and the 10 remaining litter was charged 130$ per litter, The gas station has impose a limit of 30L per filling, so when you exceed that amount they impose you a surcharge for using and abusive amount of gas.
zadigre
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

zadigre to julienvf

Premium Member

to julienvf
said by julienvf:

What's the penalty they ask to get out of that contract? at that rate, it might be cheaper to consider it rather than paying for that extra bandwith...

very bad advice...
He will still have to pay the surcharge if he cancel the contract and goes elsewhere for his Internet connection. If he don't pay, it will go to a collection agency and eventually, it will affect his credit file.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

said by zadigre:

If he don't pay, it will go to a collection agency and eventually, it will affect his credit file.

Not in Quebec. Collection agencies have no power over your credit rating in Quebec.

But all the same, I think the OP is screwed. You'll have to pay.
zadigre
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

zadigre

Premium Member

said by TigerLord:

said by zadigre:

If he don't pay, it will go to a collection agency and eventually, it will affect his credit file.

Not in Quebec. Collection agencies have no power over your credit rating in Quebec.

But all the same, I think the OP is screwed. You'll have to pay.

Yes you are right... I forgot about this.
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc to TigerLord

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

What defines a "Collection agencies"? Because I thought they could... I've heard it a lot for unpaid cellphone bills at least.