Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jjjacer

join:2004-05-07
Jefferson, WI

[HSI] Horrible upstream power

been having drop outs of service for hours on end for the last 3 days ever since a snow storm. first both internet and phone were out, now its just internet going in and out.

after spending 40min with a script reader she finally scheduled a truck for tomorrow.

i miss charter direct.

the issues i see is this is an apartment, we got rg59 comming from the pole 150ft to the 8 port AMP, which seams to get its power from another apartment? (the power port has another apartments number on it) while this has worked good for over a year now this apartment has always had issues, and a previous tech said it would be good if they could just run another tap to the pole instead of running so many apartment off one tap.

any ideas what i could do to get a more perm fix for this?

these are my signals when it works

anon anon

@charter.com
said by jjjacer:

we got rg59 comming from the pole 150ft

That would be your biggest issue. That shit should be rg6. Preferably quad shield.

cablegeek01

join:2003-05-13
USA
kudos:1
said by anon anon :

said by jjjacer:

we got rg59 comming from the pole 150ft

That would be your biggest issue. That shit should be rg6. Preferably quad shield.

If it's running 150ft from the pole to the apartment, it should be at least RG11, preferably .500 or .625 hardline with a tap in the MDU box instead of a powered amplifier (that's fed from an apartment!!!!).

They really need to get the local tech-ops manager out there to have a look and see about upgrading the service coming into the building.