Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MrFixit1

join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI
reply to anon anon

Re: Charter Channels Down Middleton WI

No the problem is moving everything but the shopping channels to ENCRYPTED digital . In other words forcing those of us with digital TVs to get one or several boxes that we do not want !
In my case I will need 5 boxes to duplicate what my setup can do now .

anon anon

@charter.com
said by MrFixit1:

No the problem is moving everything but the shopping channels to ENCRYPTED digital . In other words forcing those of us with digital TVs to get one or several boxes that we do not want !

No the shopping channels are not encrypted they are on basic thus unencrypted. Also even if they were QVC, HSN and Jewerly have live streams on their websites.

anon anon

@charter.com
reply to MrFixit1
ignore the last post I though you were talking about NOT having shopping channels.

At any rate eventually ALL channels will be digital and yes to get in anything other than basic you will need a box. This is not any different than what DirecTv, DishNetwork, FiOS or U-verse requires.

Fed UPx64

@charter.com
Why don't we start a class action against charter? I have had charter for over 40 years. I don't want a box! Do the math. How much more would it cost me? Sending an email to my congressman tomorrow morning. I am just too dang mad to do it right now!

sittin_tech

join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN
kudos:1
reply to anon anon
Anon anon is correct, you need a box for any tv service, including OTA if you don't have a qam tuner.