uniqs
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to koira

to koira

Re: [Weather] 30ish car accident on 401 near Woodstock

said by koira:

"We have people driving into the scene in highway speeds, when you can't see anything in front of you," OPP Sgt. Dave Rektor told CP24.

But... but... but... how is that possible? I thought people in the 85th percentile that drove at the speed they're comfortable driving at were the safest ones on the road?

Could the engineers have been wrong? Could it be that driving is subject to factors other than what people are comfortable with? My oh my, what an interesting development!

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira

Premium Member

said by IamGimli:

said by koira:

"We have people driving into the scene in highway speeds, when you can't see anything in front of you," OPP Sgt. Dave Rektor told CP24.

But... but... but... how is that possible? I thought people in the 85th percentile that drove at the speed they're comfortable driving at were the safest ones on the road?

Could the engineers have been wrong? Could it be that driving is subject to factors other than what people are comfortable with? My oh my, what an interesting development!

Well troll keeping a clean windscreen, and then visual focus ahead as far as possible works for me. When it gets dirty I go right, slowdown and keep safe space ahead. Plus my vehicle is a good all round driver and always in top shape prepared for the seasons.