join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

[iTunes 11] Where is the Alert Me link

I was trying to set up a new artist alert and just realized the Alert Me link seems to be gone. Where do you set up artist alerts in iTunes 11? Alert Me used to be in quick links but now the quicklinks pane is gone from artist pages. Manage My Alerts is still there in the account settings page but I don't see a way to add new ones.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

It was removed in iTunes 11 along with several other features such as Coverflow and Ping.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to skeechan

iTunes 11 did add a major new feature: suckage.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

Grrrrr. I could understand ditching Ping, I can understand ditching coverflow, but alert me is a revenue generator as I assume that people used it like I used it; to buy albums as soon as they were available. Since Avex pulled all of their artists from the US store and Universal Music J doesn't put all the tracks on the iTunes albums (that come on the physical discs) I haven't been buying nearly as much lately anyway. Their loss, Amazon and CDJapan's gain.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to donoreo

I agree half the time it complains about the network connection being reset while downloading. It is 100% an apple issue as I can stream Netflix in HD while playing Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft while using Mumble of Ventrilo.

Run iTunes solo and "cannot complete because the network connection was reset."
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to donoreo

said by donoreo:

iTunes 11 did add a major new feature: suckage.

That made me smile.
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
reply to Kearnstd

said by Kearnstd:

I agree half the time it complains about the network connection being reset while downloading. It is 100% an apple issue as I can stream Netflix in HD while playing Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft while using Mumble of Ventrilo.

Run iTunes solo and "cannot complete because the network connection was reset."

I had that problem with iTunes on Windows pre v11 too. I eventually gave up with iTunes on Windows as none of the performance-type issues got resolved with 11.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Oh the connection reset issue happens on an MBP and a Windows machine. MBP is wireless and Win is hardwired.

Just now I got a whole two tracks of an album to download before it failed again.

Yet as a test I went and downloaded the client to an MMO I used to play, EVE Online installer downloaded at the full capacity of my cable modem from servers in London. All 18gb of game without a hitch. Yet I have trouble getting more than two tracks from California.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

said by Kearnstd:

Oh the connection reset issue happens on an MBP and a Windows machine. MBP is wireless and Win is hardwired.

Just now I got a whole two tracks of an album to download before it failed again.

Yet as a test I went and downloaded the client to an MMO I used to play, EVE Online installer downloaded at the full capacity of my cable modem from servers in London. All 18gb of game without a hitch. Yet I have trouble getting more than two tracks from California.

I had to disable simultaneous downloads to get by it. That's pretty ridiculous when my pipe is 75Mbps+.

All currently okay running iTunes 11 on Mac mini.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo