Search similar:

uniqs
This is a sub-selection from
rriteli
join:2008-11-21
Seattle, WA

rriteli

[Rant] Upload speed 0.18Mbs!

Sure wish that Comcast would fix the noise issue that has cut upload speed to 0.18Mbs in the Seattle (northgate) area south of Community College. Trucks have been in the neighborhood for the last 3/4 days, looking for a "noise" problem per a tech I talked to. Total cable goes out as they are "testing". They were out last night till after midnight. Gave up and went to bed around midnight when no cable service. They should be calling their "tech support" engineers or something! if they can't sectionalize the problem and find it! Cable is going out intermittently again this morning.
dubfan
join:2010-11-09
Seattle, WA

dubfan

I'm having the same problem with my service in Capitol Hill. Hopefully they figure this out soon. I can't use complex web apps like Gmail because of this issue (my boss sure loves it when I tell him I can't check my email)

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to rriteli

to rriteli
only field personal can track noise, no one in an office can help.

it can come and go as it please, or as someone turns something in their house on and off; heater, fridge, bad NIC card, ANYTHING.

or it can be a slightly loose seizure screw on the main line that makes/breaks contact with the wind or a passing truck.

in order to track, they will have to pull the return in order to see where the interference is coming from.

if you are losing the forward (tv) too, then something is really a miss.
rriteli
join:2008-11-21
Seattle, WA

rriteli

The tech I talked to said that the total loss of tv was because they were opening the line to check stuff. Saw them closing amplifier case on pole across the street a few minutes ago. Whooopee! Upload speed is now 0.45 Mbs! Small steps!
rriteli

rriteli to dubfan

to dubfan
said by dubfan:

I'm having the same problem with my service in Capitol Hill. Hopefully they figure this out soon. I can't use complex web apps like Gmail because of this issue (my boss sure loves it when I tell him I can't check my email)

I doubt that it's a common fault, taking into account the geographical distance, unless the problem is further into the common equipment past the outside facilities.
rriteli

rriteli

Came home last night and wonder of wonders. Back to 5.35 Mbs!
Would be interesting to know what all was fixed to clear the problem.
This is a sub-selection from