how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
reply to cgcharm

Re: Can a tech challenged person do this and start up costs?

the very first check is to see if you are in a covered area, Verizon or Sprint. Checked the coverage maps?
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

cgcharm

join:2013-02-02
Yes I can get 3G and 4G hotspot or 3G on the unlimited plan or BYOD which I don't think I would attempt. I'm just wary of running into issues I don't have enough knowledge to troubleshoot. I am leaning toward the hotspot because Verizon towers are closer. I appreciate the responses. I am only considering homefusion because a professional would be setting it up. Twice the data would be a major plus though!

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
As far as service level, the verizon hotspot is the same service as the home fusion. Both LTE services. The hotspot is very easy to setup. When you receive it from millenicom, it's already setup and ready to go for you out of the box. It includes an instruction sheet that basically says the wifi password is inside the battery cover. Make note of the password, power it on, connect the power cable if battery is low and connect your wifi to the device. That's it. Actually the homefusion on a tech level would be harder to troubleshoot because it has more parts making it more complicated than the simple hotspot is.