H2OuUp2
Happy to be here
Premium Member
join:2002-03-15
Oklahoma City, OK

H2OuUp2

Premium Member

[OK] 150 SPeed Increase in Oklahoma?

Anyone hear if OKC will be getting the speed increase?
bchandler02
join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK

bchandler02

Have not heard anything but sure hoping it comes soon.

I did notice that Premier here DROPPED to 25 down. It looks like they took PowerBoost off the website. So now, OKC has 3/12/25/50 as our 4 tiers.

I have 8 down channels but only 1 up. My guess is we won't see the additional speeds here until I get upstream bonding.

MarkRH
Premium Member
join:2005-02-08
Edmond, OK
ARRIS BGW210-700
ARRIS TM3402
Asus RT-AC68

MarkRH

Premium Member

said by bchandler02:

I did notice that Premier here DROPPED to 25 down. It looks like they took PowerBoost off the website. So now, OKC has 3/12/25/50 as our 4 tiers.

I have 8 down channels but only 1 up. My guess is we won't see the additional speeds here until I get upstream bonding.

Wonderful. So now they're going to start charging more for less service. My next bill, the price of everything (cable, internet, phone) are all going up.

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl

MVM

Click for full size
said by MarkRH:

said by bchandler02:

Wonderful. So now they're going to start charging more for less service. My next bill, the price of everything (cable, internet, phone) are all going up.

That's what it looks like although the Preferred tier, which use when I am at home, is still showing up to 15 Mbps down...
bchandler02
Oklahoma City, OK

bchandler02 to H2OuUp2

to H2OuUp2
If they are looking for me to pay more AND get less, I'll drop them instantly.

AT&T sucks here but if I am going to pay more I had damn well better get more. I'll deal with AT&T's crappy speeds or may just use my hotspot only (I don't use much data at all, just a home office).

H2OuUp2
Happy to be here
Premium Member
join:2002-03-15
Oklahoma City, OK

H2OuUp2

Premium Member

I talked to the VP of Cox, and they said OKC was scheduled for the 150 speed increase during the 3rd quarter of 2013.

We'll see.
bchandler02
Oklahoma City, OK

bchandler02

Dang, we have a pretty good wait then, but hey at least it's a date!

SrsBsns
join:2001-08-30
Oklahoma City, OK

1 edit

SrsBsns to H2OuUp2

to H2OuUp2
said by H2OuUp2:

I talked to the VP of Cox, and they said OKC was scheduled for the 150 speed increase during the 3rd quarter of 2013.

We'll see.

Let's hope that is true because all that has been happening in this market for some time is price increases.

Look at the essential package. Its $42.99 for 3000/768. Those exact same speeds were $39.99 on the preferred package in 2004 when I had it. I thought the cost of delivering bandwidth was way down over the years?

Now Preferred has gone from $39.99 to $54.99 since then.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by SrsBsns:

Now Preferred has gone from $39.99 to $54.99 since then.

Because TV was subsidizing HSI but with all the cord cutting going on, the dollars dried up for the subsidy hence rate hikes on hsi!

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

HSI is more profitable then TV. If anything the reverse is happening.