how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Riplin

join:2002-05-13
canada
reply to JMJimmy

Re: Voltage - still no cease and desist letter?

Why would they want people to stop? They need more people pirate their crap. This is their extortionist business model. If you cut all the pirates how are they going to make money.

Expand your moderator at work

Anyone

@teksavvy.com
reply to Riplin

Re: Voltage - still no cease and desist letter?

Unfortunately, they are trying to gain free publicity for their crappy films which no one seems to want to watch.

BTW: I made myself watch (streaming off-course) their Seal Team Six ... whatever name movie:

Horror of horrors, it is so crap that when they are supposedly depicting a scene in Peshawar (Pakistan), it is actually shot in India, because the clowns keep showing a sign on a shop repeatedly, (with the intent of trying to confuse average viewers) -> That sign is in Hindi, from India. No way would anybody be caught having a store sign in Hindi in Urdu speaking Pakistan, let alone the Pakistani wild west of Peshawar.

Besides they also did not bother to mask the vehicle number plates, which were obviously from Maharashtra (India) of which Mumbai / Bombay is the Capital city.

That was one sad pathetic excuse of a movie. No wonder they need free publicity for their crap.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:12
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

reminds me of American "made in Canada movies" ... in several scenes in the start of one movie, they removed images of the CN Tower when taken of the skyline from the Islands. Towards the end of the movie there were a couple scenes where they didn't even bother to maintain the illusion.

Then there was Short Circuit 2, where Ben got his US Citizenship (with American Flag flying proudly) on the steps of Queens Park!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by sbrook:

Then there was Short Circuit 2, where Ben got his US Citizenship (with American Flag flying proudly) on the steps of Queens Park!

+1 rofl

funny

join:2010-12-22
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

reminds me of American "made in Canada movies" ... in several scenes in the start of one movie, they removed images of the CN Tower when taken of the skyline from the Islands. Towards the end of the movie there were a couple scenes where they didn't even bother to maintain the illusion.

and dare i say it one of the most popular sci fi shows of the last 20 years WAS mostly made in canada
stargate sg1
as was andromeda
and you can continue looking into it. YOU will see a lot of the sci fi was and is canada. Americans can't do math so don't expect any good sci fi....

neuromancer1

join:2007-01-22
York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by funny:

said by sbrook:

and dare i say it one of the most popular sci fi shows of the last 20 years WAS mostly made in canada
stargate sg1
as was andromeda
and you can continue looking into it. YOU will see a lot of the sci fi was and is canada. Americans can't do math so don't expect any good sci fi....

Stargate SG1 was popular? God, that was a terrible series. Andromeda wasn't bad but it was worth watching.

bitchtorn

join:2006-10-11
Peterborough, ON

SG1 was fantastic.

ahar

@teksavvy.com
reply to neuromancer1

sg1 millions a viewrs per night
upwards past 11
10 seasons of sg1
5 seasons of atlantis and the 2 seasons of sgu
plus a 2 season kids animation

then there are novels and rpg ebooks
and you ask it sucked sounds like someones taste is not with the majority

andromeda was ok and was based on roddenberries last ideas of what came after a warp drive and some scientists even postulate its pretty close...at least until the warp bubble from nasa is done.

babylon v is another good series but i dont think it was made in canada

we also have star hunter 2 seasons
tekwar only a few eps

ya a lot a sci fi from canada
now that hollywood has its copyright law its done

continuum doesnt look like it may come back

so your stuck with animated clone wars
pathetic
and people want us to pay for what
ill just make my own stuffs

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

...The only movie that makes me cry....although I frequented the "FUN AND GAMES" Amusement center in the movie back in my University days! Fun times....

...The reason why it makes me cry?...I dunno, when they (spoiler alert) bash up Johnny 5 and leave him for dead...

Although sbrook, for the record, at least in 1 part of the movie, Johnny 5 does say the correct street in it being "Lakeshore" aka Lakeshore Blvd. I try and give them credit for that lol.

shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to ahar

Are we all still talking about voltage here? Or is this a TV topic?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to ahar

Continuum, got ok'd for a 2nd season, last I heard. (Plus its quite popular over in UK right now)

Don't forget Sanctuary, also had a run.

ofc there are a few more shows that aren't strictly sci-fi done up here too.

MaynardKrebs
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to shrug

We're still talking about Voltage.....and they very much remind me of Dennis Moore

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkhx0eqK5w