spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mendinfences8

join:2012-12-05
reply to cgcharm

Re: Can a tech challenged person do this and start up costs?

You can do it!!!

Seriously, the easiest is if you feel certain you have Verizon coverage ... that is likely pretty straightforward plug and play. Actually, same if you KNOW you have good Sprint coverage. The only reason, in my opinion, not to go for the BYOD plan is if you are uncertain about the quality of the coverage since you do not want to worry about troubleshooting. (I understand!)

I ultimately ended up with the Verizon MiFi plan and have it hooked to a directional antenna. We have that antenna primarily to keep the signal steady and it now gets regular 4G. Depending upon your coverage, you may not need the extra antenna or an amp.

Good luck and have faith!! LOL It's worth it, I think, to get better service.

~linda

bbwithdrawls

join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN
can you give me details on your 4g antenna ?

bcltoys

join:2008-07-21
Lost today
»www.zdacomm.com/images/PDF/ZDAGP750.pdf This is what I use along with 20ft lmr400 and cell phone mate direct connect amp. I use the 15DBI.

mendinfences8

join:2012-12-05
reply to bbwithdrawls
Not sure who you were asking about the 4G antenna ...

Get in touch with Gord at www.maxsignal.com He will help you find just what you need.

We have the newest directional antenna he has. Easy set up -- we had a pole -- and has been very reliable. Strong winds buffeted it about recently and I just jiggled it back into position. Soooo high tech of me, eh?

There are many antenna places around but I know that the SERVICE you get from Max Signal is great. Important when making this kind of investment.